Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Advice on how this hand was played? (6max, big pot)

The table is somewhat lagtastic, two guys to my right play over 55% of their hands and raise like over 15% of their hands preflop

Sb is 68/16/1.44 over 70 hands
CO on the other hand is Unkown...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (20.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (24.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 27.50 BB
Old 10-31-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Advice on how this hand was played? (6max, big pot)

I think this is good. I was really tempted to raise the river since you hold two of the Q's, but going for overcalls is probably better.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:54 PM

nh. I don't want to raise the straight on the river with a flush possibility out there. If your good, you may make up the lost call from the bettor with overcalls. If your losing, you get three bet and you can't fold.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:55 PM

I think it's standard. I was thinking that maybe a river raise would be good except you've got that 3 flush on board. If you raise you won't get anyone with a Q to fold and you will end up losing more to a flush or higher straight so I think that you played it fine.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:06 PM

COs done nothing but raise and reraise...so I'm not liking the turn lead, especially against an unknown. As for the river, I think calling and letting CO overcall with his KK is the way to go
Old 10-31-2005, 01:16 PM

I'm surprised by how many people like this hand. CO has raised at every opportunity; after the pf-3bet and flop cap, this is almost never AJ or TT. IMO the turn bet is spewing.

I think even the flop 3-bet is close since I'm not sure if enough unknown villains will 3bet AJ pf or raise TT on the flop. However, I'd probably still do it based on the pot size, number of donks padding the pot, and the chance he puts you on UI AK with a weaker pair.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:23 PM

You make a good point. I don't always read the preflop action as closely as I should. I tend to just jump straight to the meat and sometimes miss important stuff that makes or breaks the decision. Redd is right.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:38 PM

So, I should do check/call on the turn?

What if I check on the turn CO bets it and someone reraises, easy fold?

If I check, CO bets and everyone Calls on the turn and the river is a brick Do I check/call also?
Old 10-31-2005, 01:41 PM

I think I would have raised that river.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised by how many people like this hand. CO has raised at every opportunity; after the pf-3bet and flop cap, this is almost never AJ or TT. IMO the turn bet is spewing.

I think even the flop 3-bet is close since I'm not sure if enough unknown villains will 3bet AJ pf or raise TT on the flop. However, I'd probably still do it based on the pot size, number of donks padding the pot, and the chance he puts you on UI AK with a weaker pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is AJ or some TP hand with decent draws enough to 3-bet here, especially with the amount of meat puppets padding the pot who could possibly drop to his cap.

Deadmoney=good stuff.

I'm for checking the Turn after he caps though.

Oh and raise the river. Unless SB will bluff bet/fold this river he is calling one more bet. Unless CO if just the king of making the big laydowns he has shown us his desire to go to Showdown enough to overcall our raise here with KK and AA. BB is a hopeless case and I wouldn't expect him to call here very often anyway.