Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 10:45 PM

Default KQ Sooted

Back from a month off. Rusty? Dumb? Slick?
No reads thanks to distractions from Olivia and Chuddo. If you don't know who Olivia and Chuddo are, consider yourself fortunate for not wasting a day of your life. Villian is a LPP fish per PT.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
2 folds</font>, CO calls,1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 09-14-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: KQ Sooted

not trying to be rude, but why the hell are you calling on the river? Does high card beat a pair now?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:18 PM

pretty easy check fold on the river, especially against a passive player.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Thoughts

I realize I didn't give a very good read, but what can you put villian on when he checks the turn? IMO, even most passive players are betting a T or a weak A HU when I show weakness w/ my check.
When he bets this river given the action I absolutely feel MHIG 1 in 5 times. He might have a 2, 3, 4, or 5 - but 80% of the time? I dunno...
I was actually wondering if I should've bet the turn, but probably not since I'd be in a real tough spot on the river if he called.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:32 PM

I would go ahead and bet the turn here. He could be peeling one intending to fold the turn if he doesn't hit his monster. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

River is a fold as has been said.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:57 PM

I would fold the river. Lately I have been in this situation a lot. It really comes down to a read. Will he call the turn with bottom pair. B/c most people will peel on the flop for a sb, then fold the turn. If thats the case betting the turn is best. Then if he calls the turn, I put him on an A or a T or some pair and check fold the river.

What I have been doing lately in this spot is leading the river if villian checks behind on the turn. I have been getting more folds or bad calls when doing this.

Either way, not sure what the best play is, I would like to think betting the turn again is best, but it is player dependant. I would also like to have the A, and the board miss me, then K hi and an A on the board when leading the turn again.