Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Party Tournament Hand

Forgot to get the hand history emailed to me so I'm doing this by hand.

Everyone involved in the pot have about average stacks, around 1500-2000, seat 3 has completed about half the bring-ins in the tournament so he has a huge range of hands, he turns passive against aggression. Everyone else in the hand pretty loose passive.

7stud high tournament, ante/bring-in 10/20 or 15/25 (i can't remember exactly) , limits 50/100

3rd:
seat 1 xx3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] bring-in -call
seat 2 xx5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] call-call
seat 3 xxj [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] complete-call
seat 4 xx6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fold
seat 5 xx6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fold
seat 6 xx9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]fold
seat 7 xx4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] fold
Me A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] raise

About 5BB

4th:
seat 1 xx3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] fold
seat 2 xx5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] call
seat 3 xxJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] bet -call
Me A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] raise

About 8 BB

5th:
seat 2 xx5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] fold
seat 3 xxJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] check call
Me A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] bet

About 10 BB

6th:
seat 3 xxJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] call
Me A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] bet

About 12 BB

Aces look pretty good, could be against jacks up or something like that but I have a ton of outs if he does have me beat.

7th:
seat 3 xxJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x call
Me A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] bet

About 14 BB

I don't know if the bet here is right...

Any suggestions?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Party Tournament Hand

I think in a tournament I might just flat-call on third. Raising is fine, though. I like the raise on fourth. The bets on fifth and sixth are good. On fifth, you give them a chance to fold, and when you hit the Ace, I think it's pretty likely that you have the best hand. I like the bet on the river, although I might check and hope to pick off a bluff, especially in a tournament.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:08 PM

This was the $40+4 stud tourney on party poker, forgot to mention that, it doesn't really have much impact, they still play like its a freeroll up to the $100 tournaments from my experience
Old 09-08-2005, 03:54 PM

It turns out the guy had a couple diamonds under and backed into 8's and 2's on the river...that made 0 sense to me, but I was crippled and went out with A2A in the next level.