Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: *My* story - One year as a pro!

[ QUOTE ]
Great story, very inspiring. I have had thoughts about doing this for a living. But I am not going to plunge head first into it. I'm going to take my time and find out if this is right for me. I have been playing the micro limits to build a bankroll and also to gain experience while it is still cheap. I will join your site 604poker, I like hearing how other local poker players are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey GT! Always cool to talk to another Vancouverite! Glad to see you registered on 604. Thanks for dropping a line. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pacific inflates their flop %s? I knew those numbers were too high!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they basically don't adjust the %'s quick enough. Say me and you play HU for an hour. So the Flop % is like 90%. Then the table slowly fills up. Even after playing 10-handed for an hour, the flop % in the lobby will still be like 50% because we played so many hands HU, and the calculations still consider those.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:00 PM

Very nice, love these stories [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

March 11th 2004? Thats my birthday!
Old 05-27-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice, love these stories [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

March 11th 2004? Thats my birthday!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are one year old and already posting on 2p2?!?! Damn the poker players are getting younger every year...
Old 05-27-2005, 11:57 PM

Equal,

Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing. What was your time frame from jumping to the bigger games. It look like you went from winning 2/4 (lost on 3/6) straight to 8/16 and then up. Very inspirational. I am working on my game too. Hopefully I will get propelled on that upward path too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck at the World Series. All the winners of late have come from the internet. That would be a nice end to your fairly short poker journey [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2005, 10:23 PM

Maybe you can give us an update at year two!
Old 05-29-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Equal,

Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing. What was your time frame from jumping to the bigger games. It look like you went from winning 2/4 (lost on 3/6) straight to 8/16 and then up. Very inspirational. I am working on my game too. Hopefully I will get propelled on that upward path too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck at the World Series. All the winners of late have come from the internet. That would be a nice end to your fairly short poker journey [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the kind words. My jump for 2/4 and 3/6 to 15/30 was very quick. I think it was a combination of the first time I really started playing a ton, and learning very quickly, and that I could find bad 15/30 tables that reminded me of the lower limits.

Also, I was probably better than the average poker player in handling the money swings. I've played games all my life, so while some people find jumping limits to be very scary, it didn't bother me in the least. Well maybe a little bit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also, it did help to have a good, well-paying, flexible job.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:53 AM

Can I ask if you ever got around to buying a real copy of HEPFAP?
Old 05-29-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask if you ever got around to buying a real copy of HEPFAP?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I *knew* someone would ask that! I am proud to say I am a full-fledged owner of legitimate copies of HEPFAP, TOP, SSHE (although I made need to buy a second copy this one's so worn out), HEP, and HOH.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:14 AM

Equal - Great story man. This was one of the more inspiring stories that I have heard. I hope you are still doing well, and congratulations! Good Luck in the future!

-TheActionKid