Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Another full tilt qualifier hand

This hand is from a qualifier for a WSOP NL Hold'em 1500 buy in and 500 in cash. So it's a 2k total prize package. Only the top two get seats and there are about 35 left down from 170ish. I have 7k in chips roughly and the villian in this hand has me covered w/ 8k we are both just a little below average I believe. Blinds are 120/240. I have QTo in the BB and get a free play with the villian as the only limper who limped UTG. My thoughts on villian was he was pretty tight and seemed fairly decent/reasonable.

FLOP 10,7,5 (all spades)

I have the Q of spades. I pot it at 600 and he calls.

Turn 3s

What's ur action?

SGS
Old 05-11-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Another full tilt qualifier hand

You have to bet at this pot. If you check, he could check behind with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to induce a bet from you on the river. Or, he could bet with nothing and put you to a hard decision. I bet 1000-1500 here, enough to make the call tough but not so tough that you'll go broke if he raises you, as you'll still have ~20 BB left. And, if he doesn't have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], it could look like you are trying to get a call [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The worst thing that could happen here is he could just call you. If he calls the turn bet, I'd bet another 1000 on the river and not like doing it at all... Hoping he's sitting on J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T
Old 05-11-2005, 02:50 PM

I check / call all the way down.

I can beat a bluff, I can beat a weak Spade. I am not good enough to lay this down, so I need to give villian a chance to make a mistake. If I bet he usually only calls when I am beat. If he bets, I may beat some hands he bets with.

Check / Call
Old 05-11-2005, 02:56 PM

I bet pot again and fold to a raise.