Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 04-24-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Keeping fishies around

yea, please see my post below in reference to this section. The authors of HPFAP clarified this advice in SSH. There is a part in HPFAP where it says something to the effect of " If your opponents are coming in with absolute trash, obviously you are forfeiting too much equity by not raising"
Old 04-24-2005, 05:14 AM

I gotcha. Wrong spot for me to get cute and against the absolute wrong players. Thanks for your advice. Also, do you happen to know where in SSH this is addressed?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:19 AM

I think somewhere in the beginning when it talks about building big pots with suited high cards or something. I think it mentions that not raising in EP with AJo or after a ton of limpers is ok, but that not raising AJs is a serious mistake.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, I was pretty much feared by almost everyone at the table and a lot of my raises were making everyone go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an excellent example of why players who are able to change gears are so dangerous. Everyone was scared of you which meant you could relentlessly steal pots but your big hands weren't getting paid off as much as you wanted. Changing gears for an orbit of the table to a LAG might have made a big difference against these guys.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, I was pretty much feared by almost everyone at the table and a lot of my raises were making everyone go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an excellent example of why players who are able to change gears are so dangerous. Everyone was scared of you which meant you could relentlessly steal pots but your big hands weren't getting paid off as much as you wanted. Changing gears for an orbit of the table to a LAG might have made a big difference against these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought about doing that a few times but wussied out. I might try that today and see what happens. I dunno about stealing pots against these guys who often call down and call the river with king-high. There are so many instances when, on the river, the guy who has been betting all the way will get called down by the last remaining player just to "keep him honest" or "see what he's got". Most of the time, the caller has bottom pair, no pair, busted draw, etc. For instance, one hand I raised in EP with JJ and got called only by the BB. Flop is K-9-3. I bet, he calls. Turn 7. I bet, he calls. River T, completing a flush draw and straight draw. I check behind him. He shows T7o.