Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 04-22-2005, 08:09 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Fantasy trade etiquette

In one of my leagues I was just offered a trade. Players are insignifant, but I PM him back and accepted his offer. Since I can't access my fantasy site through work, I received this message when I returned home this evening.

"I have to wait before I will give the final say. I have another trade that is a bit better, if it passes. I will adivse..."

I have always operated under the philosophy that if I offer you something and you accept, I've lost my right to rethink things. I've also never had this happen in 10+ years. Thus, I'm pretty confused.

Is this a normal practice? How should I respond?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Fantasy trade etiquette

That's bullshit, trade is done.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but does anyone have tips on how to trade? I've been pretty unsuccessful this year with it (0 trades made) mostly because my players are undervalued by the league (except the few that I'm trying to move).
Old 04-22-2005, 09:16 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it. Any thoughts on how I assure this?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:56 PM

Depends on how long you waited. If it was a quick response, done deal. But, if someone waits a long time to get back to me on a trade, I have to move on. Offers don't stay on the table forever.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:14 PM

You shouldn't be trying to move undervalued guys. Sell when the market is high.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

does anyone have tips on how to trade? I've been pretty unsuccessful this year with it (0 trades made) mostly because my players are trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 04-23-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In one of my leagues I was just offered a trade. Players are insignifant, but I PM him back and accepted his offer. Since I can't access my fantasy site through work, I received this message when I returned home this evening.

"I have to wait before I will give the final say. I have another trade that is a bit better, if it passes. I will adivse..."

I have always operated under the philosophy that if I offer you something and you accept, I've lost my right to rethink things. I've also never had this happen in 10+ years. Thus, I'm pretty confused.

Is this a normal practice? How should I respond?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope sorry. A trade offer is just a starting point. It isn't a done deal until BOTH parties tell the commish they agree to it. That said, I'd e-mail him back with the following:

"Sounds good to me. I have some other stuff in the works myself involving these players. Let's just both agree that if you don't get back to me by ______, then the deal is off."

Believe me, it'll put the pressure back on him. It's your job to make him think you could care less whether the deal gets done.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but does anyone have tips on how to trade? I've been pretty unsuccessful this year with it (0 trades made) mostly because my players are undervalued by the league (except the few that I'm trying to move).

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to find the owner that is overstocked with too many guys all with similar stats. That's the guy you want to be dealing with. These players will be less valuable to him than any other owner in the league. Also, try throwing in a bunch of bells and whistles to get a deal done for a bigger name player. You'd be suprised what you can get from an unsuspecting owner by just "throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him". Quality over quantity.