Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 04-22-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Paradise 40/80

I was only taking a shot at the higher limits. In fact BK is somewhat responsible for me taking this shot, as we had played before at the same limits for a while, but recently he has taken on some very high limits games - making me feel realize that there is more out there than just the Party 15.

Anyway, I was just taking a shot - after my large downswing I dont have the roll to play the Paradise 40 game full time.

Gotta get back on a roll, get some confidence back and then I will take another shot at the 40/80 and above games.

Update - I have been back focussing on the Party 15 4-tabling and I had forgotten how good the games could be.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:15 AM

Pete,

I think if you want to take some shots at higher games, then you should do so live. The 40/80 runs regularly at the River Rock on Fridays..maybe I'll catch you there.

Lawrence
Old 04-23-2005, 12:34 AM

I'm gald I could be an inspiration...although I gotta be straight with you, 4k is hardly a "large downswing". Talk about a typical 30-60 minute occurance of higher limit poker. It's only 50 big bets. I guess that's a decent amount at 40 but a bad couple of hours that's ez.