Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 01-31-2005, 09:20 AM

Default good read or stupid raise ?

except that I should not be in this hand as my hand isn't good enough to sustain a preflop raise, is it stupid to raise the preflop raiser on the flop ?

ps : i suspect a little problem with the converter in the result written on my opponent hands, cards are true but obviously it does not make this hand rank....or I'm drunk

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converter

Button ($24.50)
SB ($25)
BB ($19.55)
UTG ($6.10)
UTG+1 ($24.75)
MP1 ($58.40)
MP2 ($27.75)
Hero ($67.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($5) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4.75</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $19</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $23.5</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($52) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($52) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $52

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ad Jd Ts Ah (flush, ace high).
Hero has 6c Kc 7c Tc (two pair, kings and tens).
Outcome: SB wins $52. </font>
Old 01-31-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: good read or stupid raise ?

Not really. You've likely out-flopped him and there's noone else to worry about in the hand.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:26 PM

I had liked your raise better if there were no two-flush on the board. Your hand might be the best but it is very vulnerable to both straight and flushdraws.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:33 PM

I agree with Kellerman.

I don't like trying to take down Suspected AAs when the board comes 2 flush - I usually think they have an Ax of the suit on the board.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:04 PM

Even if they do have the suited ace to go with their AA, which is not particularly likely, your move is EV+.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:08 PM

"I usually think they have an Ax of the suit on the board. "

Why would you "usually " think this? Are your opponents particularly lucky?

I checked on twodimes and you are marginally behind (51/49) if your opponent has the flush draw plus his AA. So if the stacks were unlimited, you would want to fold. Given that they aren't, there is money in the pot and the vast majority of the time they don't have the flush draw, you are good.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I usually think they have an Ax of the suit on the board. "

Why would you "usually " think this? Are your opponents particularly lucky?

I checked on twodimes and you are marginally behind (51/49) if your opponent has the flush draw plus his AA. So if the stacks were unlimited, you would want to fold. Given that they aren't, there is money in the pot and the vast majority of the time they don't have the flush draw, you are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably usually think this cause I tend to be a weak/tight at times at the table.

Even so, since I didn't put that much money in on this flop, and I'm likely a coin flip, or worse I think I can find better spots to take down the average player.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:24 PM

"Even so, since I didn't put that much money in on this flop, and I'm likely a coin flip, or worse I think I can find better spots to take down the average player. "

How are you likely a coinflip or worse? You're only a coinflip some of the time. Heads up when you flop 2 pair you're likely best. If the money is deep and it becomes obvious you aren't, fine, but that's not the case here.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:37 PM

Your biggest mistake was taking the flop. You are four suited so I wouldn't even limp in LP. If you do limp, then you should fold for the raise. IMP this hand is barely worth a limp if it is double suited.

Your play on the flop is fine. If you are calling raised pots with these kinds of hands you are going to have high fluctuations, so why not go for it with top two pair.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:16 PM

ty for your answers, I agree I should not be in this hand.
btw what is a good %tage of flops seen ni PLO, is 25% too tight, 50% too loose, what is your average number of flop seen if this concept has a sense as it has in Holdem ?