Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-28-2004, 06:40 PM

Default give up on the turn?

Party 5+1, about 5 minutes before the first break. UTG+1 has been fairly loose so far...most of his stack is from skillfully flopping trips a couple times. He's at 40%VPIP through 40 hands. I'm nearly certain that if I bet the turn, he's going to push. A flush is an entirely possible holding, but I haven't seen him play enough to guess as to its probability. What should my plan be here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed)

CO (t1690)
Button (t650)
SB (t2175)
Hero (t2035)
UTG (t2020)
UTG+1 (t2970)
MP1 (t480)
MP2 (t1565)
MP3 (t1620)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t50, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t200) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, UTG+1 calls t150, MP2 folds, SB calls t150.

Turn: (t650) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero....?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: give up on the turn?

If he is as loose as you say, I have difficulty getting away from this. I fire my pot sized bet. If he comes over the top, I likely call. There are too many hands that a loosey may do that with, for me to give-up a BB special. If he was tight and came over the top, then I might consider giving it up. I don't slow down on the turn though. Heads up, you are likely ahead. Multi-way I would worry more about the flush.