Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: battle of the blinds

A LP is almost never folding overcards/pair/OESD anywhere. Based on this and the board, how much fold equity do you have on the turn? Zero. Check.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A LP is almost never folding overcards/pair/OESD anywhere. Based on this and the board, how much fold equity do you have on the turn? Zero. Check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I think a turn check may possibly be correct, I think it is ridiculous to claim we have no fold equity. Tons of LPs peel one on the flop with absolutely nothing and then will fold to a continuation turn bet.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:56 PM

you're not folding a calling station, so nope.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're not folding a calling station

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true. I do think that there are not enough hands that beat us that we are folding however. Make our hand a few cards lower, and I think this is a bet.

Plenty of LPs call both the flop and turn with nothing, yet will fold UI on the river.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're not folding a calling station

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is true. I do think that there are not enough hands that beat us that we are folding however. Make our hand a few cards lower, and I think this is a bet.

Plenty of LPs call both the flop and turn with nothing, yet will fold UI on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm used to 1/2 where people will call to/including the river with bottom pair.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Although I think a turn check may possibly be correct, I think it is ridiculous to claim we have no fold equity. Tons of LPs peel one on the flop with absolutely nothing and then will fold to a continuation turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Zero fold equity might be a bit extreme (I said might!), but firing a 2 barrel bluff with Jack hi against a LP player is a losing strategy. Check the turn. You'd be surprised how often he checks the river and you beat his T7o
Old 12-11-2005, 07:34 PM

I'm not trying fold bottom pair. I'm trying to fold A high and Q high hands
Old 12-11-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check the turn. You'd be surprised how often he checks the river and you beat his T7o

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are exactly the types of hands where I want to bet the turn against. They have a decent draw and are correct to call the turn and I'm also correct in betting b/c I'm ahead on the turn.

On the river I'm not too concerned about those hands b/c I make exactly the same from checking or betting assuming they fold the river UI.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been trying to fire the third barrel more often when I think it might fold out people who have been drawing. There arn't any straight draws, but there are a ton of flush draws who missed. Unfortunately, probably the only hands we are likely to fold out who we want to fold out are the Q high hands. If the K hand't hit the river, I think this would be closer. Also, if we had a lower hand, such as T9, or 98, I think a river bet would be better.

I am not sure sure about the turn bet, but I think I always do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. I think A-hi is calling too much here which means the only hand that we're folding here that we want to is Q-hi, Like spicy said.