Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: how many bets until you just call?

[ QUOTE ]
i may have remembered the board wrong - from my recolection only the 2-4 of clubs would've made a SF...obviously that is not the case with the board I presented...sorry abvout that! i KNOW I would've seen the 7c8c a lot sooner....

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, 7c4c is always also going to make the straight flush as well considering you hold the Ac
Old 11-22-2005, 09:00 PM

My thoughts on the hand are that either calling the 3-bet or 4-betting and calling the 5-bet are both ok. Like I said earlier, if the player is willing to 3-bet 42s preflop, he may be willing to 3-bet the Kc on the river. Given that, once you 4-bet, only a complete moron wouldn't know that you have the Ac, so if he's still coming at you, just call.

One thought on the preflop situation. You need to cap. I believe it was flawless_victory who said this, but it was put really well. "I cap this everytime because my capping range here is so large." You shouldn't be afraid of slowing him down, because you should be capping more than just AA-JJ, AK here.. a lot more.

This sort of reminds me of a game I was playing with my roommates. We were playing 3-handed limit for kicks, and one of my roommates had a PFR on the button of almost 100%. All of a sudden, he open-limps on the button. Surprise, surprise, he showed a high pocket. This is such a poor playstyle because you're not taking advantage of the laggy plays you made earlier when you have an actual hand. You're getting your money in with the worst hands and not getting it in when you have the best of it.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many bets do you go here with 24c if you're villain? Only 4? Seems too weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd definitely go more than 4.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:16 PM

If only 24c makes a straight flush, then I would be likely to go at least one more bet (as opposed to just calling his 3-bet).
Old 11-22-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i may have remembered the board wrong - from my recolection only the 2-4 of clubs would've made a SF...obviously that is not the case with the board I presented...sorry abvout that! i KNOW I would've seen the 7c8c a lot sooner....

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, 7c4c is always also going to make the straight flush as well considering you hold the Ac

[/ QUOTE ]

i know...i may have missed the 7c4c...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Chloroform <sp>

I havent read the entire thread, but, If it hasn't already been mentioned I thought this guy had 7c 8c on the river. That was the only hand I could possibly see him trying to make a move with PF and then being able to bet the river like that. Wow, that was a huge pot. After it got to be 5 bets, i'd just call, because only idiots put in that many bets with hands that you beat. I dont fault you here, except for the last couple of bets though. Give the fish his chips and wait for him to spew them your way over the next couple of hours.....OH but WAIT! Let me guess....he got up and left the table after one more orbit and you were steaming like a locomotive.

Here's my plan....get some chloroform and follow him to his posh room at the Wynn...when he gets in the elevator I want you to knock him out with the chloroform, and make sure you have a tattoo gun handy. Take the tattoo gun and tattoo the deuce four of clubs on his fishy forehead. Then dress him up as a woman and when he's regaining consciousness, drop him off at a gay bar with a bottle of KY in one hand and a bottle of water loaded with roofies in the other.

Teach that yap to suck out on you.....

Man I need some help with this tilt thing....

I'm on tilt just from the story you told....

Where is this [censored]? Lets get him.

OOPS! That was me with the 2c 4c trying to make a move on your Aces.....NEVERMIND WHAT I SAID BEFORE.

Tex
Old 11-23-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd much prefer you give me some decent poker advice, as you're a much more experienced player than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not serious. You are now talking like a mealy mouth loser. You're words were and I paraphrase "This moron (me) has never posted anything worth reading, ever". Now you ask for advice? Why? Don't you like it when someone trys to steal your thread with extraneous bull? Cmon Dom lets play.

Vince
Old 11-23-2005, 12:58 AM

i would just call the third bet.
if i had raised, id prob fold for #5.
you should be cursing under your breath when you get threebet here in a vegas game.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon give him a break. He had the Ace of clubs and was (against a? or was a) FISH! At least that's what he called the guy who had the best hand.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd much prefer you give me some decent poker advice, as you're a much more experienced player than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not serious. You are now talking like a mealy mouth loser. You're words were and I paraphrase "This moron (me) has never posted anything worth reading, ever". Now you ask for advice? Why? Don't you like it when someone trys to steal your thread with extraneous bull? Cmon Dom lets play.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there an official 2+2 baseball bat to bash trolls like Vincent? I don't give a damn if he's the greatest poker player in the world, this thread hijacking and insulting is unacceptable. Go back to your asinine probability questions, Vincent.