Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: A3s Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a KKK hat in my avatar that I'm not aware of?
Because I swear "that 3 letter word" is posted on these forums every day and only I get blasted for it.
Lighten up Francis.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course not. People use it all the time without thinking. I wrote the same thing the last time I saw it. I must have missed the other times. So no, I'm not picking on you. I'm just asking you to find a new word.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:16 PM

With or without the pfr I'd still be checking from this position in a 6-person field, although I'd be checking-and-seeing without the pfr and checking and folding with.

[ QUOTE ]
is this really any less EV than a "protection C/R" from the BB with T6 on a 57T board in a small pot - which is a move that everybody seems to routinely love?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are a few big differences, all of which add up to the likelihood that we'll have the best hand at showdown. In your A3 hand, the much weaker hand, big pot, drawy flop and large field mean we can expect more people to make profitable calls against you. You're much less likely to reduce the field size and your equity is much more likely to go down farther. You're much more likely already behind already and like 3/4 of the deck is a scary card for you.

Sure it's great that we should play aggressively in large pots, but with this number of people in the increased reward from increased aggression (bigger payoff if we win without a showdown, more value made from callers chasing the big pot) is offset by the chances of it working (very small chance of winning w/o showdown, better chance that our equity is already too low to value-bet). By just focusing on the increased rewards (and negecting probability of winning these rewards), it would seem good to lead 2Jo in a JQKs 10-person field in a 30SB pot.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:34 PM

I guess I'm subconsciously being results-oriented because I seem to be alone in thinking that I actually may have the best hand, unlike J2 on a KQJ board. Banking on the PFR having overcards AND nobody having a 9 is no slam dunk, but I don't see it as once in a blue moon. I understand that the reverse implied odds are ga....umm...I mean..."inverted"....but they get a lot better when you think middle [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]'s like the J/T will fold - which, I did think as there was lots of folding going on at this table postflop.