Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-27-2005, 03:23 AM

Default 3 bet bluff flop, lead turn party 10/20

Villain is fairly new to the table. So far I've seen him make some aggressive raises but fold quickly to a tighter player's
reraise. I haven't tangled with him much yet. Overall he felt like the kind of player who plays fast, raises fast, and if caught, folds fast.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

I think this was the only time I pull this tonight, and I really have no idea how common it is, if its good in rare situations, etc. Thoughts would be appreciated. Looking at in in post format, it seems like spewing...at the time though, I really thought I could get a fold. So, opinions?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: 3 bet bluff flop, lead turn party 10/20

I used to do this a lot at lower limits and it seemed to work. Most times I've tried at the 10/20 they call down w/a pair. I tend to reserve it for times when I have a good read and I know they can fold a pair or I know they are FOS a lot when they raise the flop.

-Craig
Old 09-27-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: 3 bet bluff flop, lead turn party 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
I used to do this a lot at lower limits and it seemed to work. Most times I've tried at the 10/20 they call down w/a pair. I tend to reserve it for times when I have a good read and I know they can fold a pair or I know they are FOS a lot when they raise the flop.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so a good read is definitely needed. That's fine, and I'll keep it to those situations. Villian folded in this case so the read was good. Thanks Craig.