Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips method

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't QJ trying to get as much money in the pot as possible? Is pushing the way to do this?

It looks like hero has 66, which I'd call with. Also QQ, JJ (bien sur!), and QJ. I think villain has AA, KK, or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
On the turn the villain could easily have QQ or QJ and push because he feels hero is pot committed. Do you reraise on flop flop with AQ or worse?, not sure I would.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
You made a weak bet, which will encourage him to bluff, so your calling hand range has to expand to account for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I think is the key to the hand, and ultimately where I went wrong. Though I saw someone else say to fold preflop. In the hand I had AQ off. The opponent had AQ suited. I folded to the all-in raise, the opponent flashed his cards, so I know what he had for sure.

Afterward, he said the turn bet seemed a little fishy to him. This wasn't even in my thought process and should have been.

When I folded, I considered AQ the weakest possible hand he could have based on all the action. I really thought he had AA or KK after he went all in, but thought he might have AJ and sucked out. Looking back, that would not have been a good play on the flop by him with AJ, so I should have ruled that out, unless he had an unlikely QJ.

I don't have much NL experience, so if 5:1 is pretty good odds for TPTK in this situation, I will consider it in the future.

Thanks.

Edit: It is actually 3.46:1 on the call. How about now? Or am I looking at this ratio incorrectly? $45 to win $156, not $45 to win $201 pot.