Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 08-10-2005, 08:27 AM

Default London reporter infiltrates extremist group

London Times
Old 08-10-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: London reporter infiltrates extremist group

It's just called 'The Times' first published 1st January 1785, it used to be read by all the important people in the country, as it contained real news. However throughout it's history it was always unable to consistently trade profitably, until recently that is when Murdochs News Corporation bought the paper. Murdoch was a real genius, he sees people as they really are, he knows if he removes the news and fills the paper with sensationalist nonsense, and waves it over a grain of truth, people will flock to buy the paper. Murdoch turns the paper into a lower middle class red top, fills a gap in the market, triples circulation in a couple of years, and the rest is history. potted history of 'The Times'.

Regards Mack
Old 08-10-2005, 08:56 AM

Bruce

We know what they think anyway, these people spout their hate in public, there is no need for under cover journalists to tell us.

Mack
Old 08-10-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We know what they think anyway, these people spout their hate in public, there is no need for under cover journalists to tell us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but there are many who are not really much aware of it--or who choose to diminish its importance (ACPlayer?)--or who consider reporting it accurately to be mere "propaganda" (MEMRI critics?).

I think it is important to illuminate such speech, actions and thinking: such are immensely pernicious--and more widespread than many Westerners might realize (or want to realize).
Old 08-10-2005, 09:12 AM

Haha, good choice...I was going to post this article myself, but I have been too "busy" lately;-)...
Old 08-10-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but there are many who are not really much aware of it--or who choose to diminish its importance (ACPlayer?)--or who consider reporting it accurately to be mere "propaganda" (MEMRI critics?).

I think it is important to illuminate such speech, actions and thinking: such are immensely pernicious--and more widespread than many Westerners might realize (or want to realize).

[/ QUOTE ]

Omar Bakri

In this BBC report the Deputy Prime Minister admits this guy can come back when he likes, a lot of talk no action.

FWIW I don't like the sound of what these people are saying, but I want to hear balanced unbiased news, not right-wing propaganda. I have to believe there is some good in most people, or else I would despair. I still think banning all organised religion is the best way to end all this, the killing is irrational, like the made up gods they say they do it for.

Bah save it for philosophy Mack. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Regards Mack
Old 08-10-2005, 09:37 AM

From the same report.....

[ QUOTE ]
The Conservative leader said Mr Prescott was wrong about the rules.

Explanation call

Mr Howard told BBC News: "When I was home secretary, I excluded people from the country who hadn't been convicted of a crime here.

"So I believe that either that power should be exercised without delay or, if there is some reason which I haven't thought of why it can't be exercised, we should be told very clearly what that reason is."

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the Human rights act is the problem here, he needs to have broken the law to be expelled permanently.

Mack
Old 08-12-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but there are many who are not really much aware of it--or who choose to diminish its importance (ACPlayer?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really tired of correcting you. But it is a cross I bear (I think I said that once before).

I do not diminish its importance one iota. I assign it exactly the importance it deserves in the context of any discussion about the causes of terrorism.

To repeat -- I assign it EXACTLY the importance it deserves.