Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Finding a good renter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd meet up with them and check them out and possibly rent to them if they seemed like good folks.

But I'm a decent guy who's has been helped out of jams before by caring strangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

DISQUALIFIED! for common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is common sense?

Yea, good idea. Seems liek a good guy so I'll rent to him. Damn any other screening process. I'm going with my gut here.

20 years in the business and I'm an idiot. I could have just sat people down for 15 mins talked to themn and then made my decision based on gut instinct.

BTW

Thin Man

DISQUALIFIED! for being a loser playing .5/1 while living in his parent's basement and making 926 pretty much useless posts in 8 months as a reg'd user.

I am quite sure you have exactly 0 experience in operating a business or the management of rental property. On the other hand I have been in the industry for 20+ years. I started with a duplex of my own when I was 22 and now own 167 units. I also manage an additional 130+ units that the owner's of those properties pay me 8-10% of gross rents for the service. Obviously I have no clue what I am doing.

On the other hand you have zero experience and are an authority. SO I will offer you a one time deal today only. You can purchase all units owned by me for $8 million and I will sell you the management business of the other properties for 3x gross annual income which is the going rate for a business of this type. Round that off to around 900k.

So for the bargain basement price of $8.9 million you can prove how superior your unqualifed way of doing things is so much better.

However, I'll lay 4:1 that if you take me up on this offer your broke within 2 years. Put up or shutup.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem genuinely offended by your lack of human decency.

Ironic.

Anyway, nobody said that some of the things you mention on your lame list where not factors. But when you automatically DISQUALIFY! people because you are too lazy to look or listen to factors, you become an [censored] in my book.

I don't need to own 167 units to know that.