Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 05-24-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: UTG AQs, limp cuz of bad BB who defends anything?

I played with a few different guys from Vancouver so I'm assuming I played with you sometime last week at the Commerce. I was wearing a black visor backwards all the days I was there but one and a few people had started calling me "Minnesota."

I think your limp was fine but if you are who I think you are I think raising would have been better.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:56 PM

hmm your thinking sounds a lot like roy cooke's in the tuan lee issue of card player...

anyway it's a raise because in the 40 at commerce tight image means next to nothing and there are so many dumb people in that game who will cold call with hands like ATo and KQ and all sorts of crap. so raising has extra value. roy cooke is once again clueless. AQs is not a steal the blinds hand, it's a drive it hard premium hand. it's the sort of hand you sit there waiting and waiting and waiting to finally pick up and play.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played with a few different guys from Vancouver so I'm assuming I played with you sometime last week at the Commerce. I was wearing a black visor backwards all the days I was there but one and a few people had started calling me "Minnesota."

I think your limp was fine but if you are who I think you are I think raising would have been better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey that's cool Schneids... I wasn't there but the three Vancouver boys you may have met are my buddies. I'm curious to hear what you think about their games.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:43 PM

No, your hand plays well in a small or a big pot, so raise it. Why do you fear BB? He will likely call out of position with a crap hand. You want his money in there. Don't give him a chance to see the flop for free. You have to charge the loosies, not let them off the hook.