Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Weak play, or right play

No matter how many different ways you try to explain it, this is just an awful fold.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Believe me guys, I understand all the concepts you have given me, but I just think there are certain situations that call for tournament specific plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think you understand. The tournament specific play here is all-in, no matter how you slice it.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:04 PM

I pray that all of my MTT opponents think the way you do. I push here every single time without batting an eye.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:14 PM

Very very weak.

I can only imagine doing this if this was a satellite and all 30 places paid the same, and you were 98% sure you could fold into the money. THe fact that it worked this time,l or even if you had been up against AA and lost should be irrelevant. You should evaluate your decisions based on what would happen aver hundreds of similar decisions. You (I assume) are still trying to win the tournament. You cna't pass on the 3rd best hand because you're afraid Ax will call you and hit.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:53 PM

The $4000 is not inconsequential. At this stage in tourney, I might add, you want to be called by AKo. The only hands you should be less than thrilled about are AKs, KK, and AA, and AKs is still acceptable.

You must push QQ in this spot. What hand are you waiting for? I'm ecstatic about my Q's here. Q's are good.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:42 PM

I do not think this way all the time. The circumstances around the entire hand made me consider more than just me having the 3rd best hand.

I do not have the math skills (inclination really) to figure out the ev on this hand raised all-in vs folding, but I doubt it was as horrible as you all think.

To all who said it was weak, I agree 100%. Weak is not always a horrible play though. Just much of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2004, 09:42 PM

what hand are you waiting for? i've gone 5, 6 tournaments in a row without seeing Aces or Kings. ... i could never fold Aces, but I'm not Phil Hellmuth.

I won't say it's awful, because it was your strategy, but UTG you are about to lose 3,000 chips to blinds on the next two hands where you will probably have 9/2o.. then6/3o...maybe you get folded around to in the big blind, then can fold out of the small blind and be where you were at, but you won't get better cards in the next 12 hands to make a big move.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:58 PM

I think this is a very important point. Any push from UTG is going to get lot more respect than an obvious blind steal from around CO. Remember everyone else is worried about the bubble too; I don't think you need to be that worried about Ax except from a very big stack.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:47 PM

Drew this is a little off topic but where do you live in NW suburbs??? Do you playt live?? and where?? Know off any live play hush hush type stuff???