Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Flopped Set in SB

I have no idea what the odds are - nor do I really know how to calculate them - but I can't imagine this is a money making endeavor. For those of you who are math inclined - I'd love to hear if calling with an offsuited one gapper getting 11:1 (a little less because of the rake) is a worthwhile play.

Ajax
Old 10-16-2004, 07:39 PM

Not being a dick but just so someone isn't too you later, you flopped "trips" a set is when two are in your hand. But besides that, I would continue to play against these guys from the results, but I wouldn't have played the hand preflop, just don't think an offsuit one gapper is at all profitable even for half a small bet. As Lee Jones once said in a cardplayer article, when you call from the small blind, the dealer deals the flop and then everyone looks at you. First to act. Not a good position to be in. Play tight up front!
Old 10-16-2004, 08:10 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

CDC beat you to the punch, but thanks for the info.

Agreed, I probably should not have been in the pot. I'm curious what are the minimum hands you guys would play in this situation? What about with fewer limpers?
Old 10-16-2004, 09:20 PM

Ur fine being in the pot. Might want to check down after all the betting on the flop. thats all

For the price it cost to get in the hand u were right to play it.

Your money is going to come when you hit a stright, trips fh or quads. The biggest problem I have when I complete from the SB is not letting go when I should. IE I get K5s in the sb I complete I catch the 5 or a gs st. Then I get myself in trouble.

1 Thing I have not looked at is how many people are in the pot. That is a big factor to me of which hands I complete with.

Gets to me in the Sb with 8 allready in I will play any 2cards. Sooted unsooted dont matter. i figure when I hit my hand on the flop I am going to get paid.