Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Some alcohol I bought today

The holiday season is coming on so I thought I'd check out some of the christmas ale and similar. I picked these up today:

St Peters Winter Ale
Fullers Old Winter Ale
Shepherd Neames Christmas Vintage Ale
Youngs Winter Warmer

Samuel Adams Oktoberfest Bier

Blossa *** julglögg with added cognac

Casillero Del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon 2004

The only one I've tried of these is the Winter Warmer from Youngs. Like the rest of the Young sortiment it is a high quality beverage. It has a slight cinnamon tinge which is typical of the season I guess. I enjoyed it a year ago, and I am certain I will enjoy it this year.
I have only drunk one of the liquids produced in the St Peter brewery. It was a cream stout IIRC and a fine one at that. The bottles from this brewery are quite beautiful. I have high hopes for this one.
I really don't know anything about the other two, although the name Fullers seems to ring a bell. Will be interesting.

Blossa Julglögg is a Swedish christmas tradition of the holier kind. Glögg is a variation of the Swiss (?) Glühwein, spiced wine served hot, with almonds and raisins. Delicious. I bought a strong wine for extra warmth in the tummy. I've never tasted one with added cognac so we'll see what that's like.

The other two aren't really holiday related, I bought the Casillero Del Diablo because I thoroughly enjoyed the Pinot Noir of the same brand, so I was hoping they'd make a repeat performance. Oktoberfest Bier was a mistake, I though it was a christmas ale as well. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Comments about these ales? I will drink one or two tonight and report back. Also are there any christmas ale's that are must have's please report, I will likely make a new shopping trip soon and would like to fill in the missing pieces.