Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 05:51 PM

Default this the right move?

blinds are 1500/3000....
UTG raises to 9000 (55,000 chips)
UTG+2 cold calls (30,000 chips)
everyone folds to me
I'm in CO w/ 77 and have 24,977 chips and moved all in. It was a reraise of approximately 16,000. I'm just not sure if this inflection point is good enough to pass up. Do I have any fold equity here? And if you think its a fold would you have reraised all in if there wasn't a cold caller?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: this the right move?

I probably fold, with blinds and maybe antes (depending on site) utg is getting great odds on this call 3-1, sure you may be winning but at best its probably a race. Also your pushing into the two most common position in the table to likely have a hand. I'd wait for an open spot to push from late position to steal blinds and antes rather than pushing here imo.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:02 PM

Buy-in? Starting players? Players remaining? Reads?

I can't see an UTG raiser at a full table popping it up for 1/6 of his stack with air, so at best I'd say you're in a coinflip, at worse, a 4-1 dog. And without reads, UTG+2 could have pretty much anything. You have essentially no FE unless both of the players are total donks, as UTG is getting over 2:1 to call you.

Even with a little more than 8xBB, I think I might find a better spot, barring reads.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:23 PM

UTG raiser was open raising from MP w/ A8 and A9 from one or two hands he showed down. The cold caller I wasn't too worried about because if he had a hand wouldn't he just raise all in w/ barely 10 big blinds? I think the stage of the tournament was just ITM maybe like 420ish left. Since most don't like this play, what pocket pairs would you start pushing with in this spot that are probably too good to fold. 99+? TT+?