Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Dog suggestions

Here's a link puppies .

I would also recommend looking at shelters first. That said, my sister raises mixed breeds-- there are always a ridiculous number of dogs around--so I've been exposed to a lot of breeds and without a doubt the coolest two dogs I've ever had are pugs. They have great personalities and they really love people, which is a big thing in my book.

I have a beagle that is very cute and happy go lucky. In fact, he gets along with dogs and other people better than any creature I've ever run into, but he's a hound and pretty independent. He just doesn't really need humans, so he doesn't get attached like the pugs do.

(never get a hound if you don't live out in the middle of nowhere and can let them run loose, away from highways)
Old 07-30-2005, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're describing a Boston Terrier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst. Dogs. Ever.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:01 AM

How is it a bad dog. Ive had mine for 5.5 yrs and he is a great dog. Highly intelligent with lots fo personality. Another good bread might be a Jack Russell.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:16 AM

Ok, I got it mixed up. I meant a Jack Russell. My buddy has one it is the most retarted dog ever. I mean it's really a moran.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:40 AM

For a new dog owner I'd recommend a black or yellow lab. They are friendly, great with friends and family, trainable, and loyal. Easy dog to raise from a puppy or take in as an adult.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my advice would be to look up the animal shelters in your area, set a day aside and go look through all of them. there are great dogs with great personalities in there, and one of them will definately grab your attention and heart. at least seriously consider doing this, if it's not to much to ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this. I've had a dog for the past for four years that I got from the Humane Society. Part Beagle, part I don't know what. They picked her up as a stray. Great dog, cost $85.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:13 AM

Lots of good suggestions here but I will chime in. With what your looking for I would limit it to a Boston Terrier, pug and bulldog. The Boston's are great but usually hyper and they might struggle being indoors all day while your at work but they do have great personalities. Pugs and bulldogs also have good personalities and both are pretty lazy so might be a little better if left alone for long stretches. If you have kids or plan on having them sometime soon I wouls probably go with the pug. The thing about the short nose dogs like this is they snore and can't be left outside long in the heat so if you are worried about them tearing up your house or apartment while your gone you probably don't want to get a puppy. I have a boxer they are a little big and hyper and need plenty of outdoor time but they are the best with kids and pretty cool dogs.