Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 12:35 PM

Default Greg Raymer\'s incident makes front page of Yahoo

LINK

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Greg Raymer\'s incident makes front page of Yahoo

It's hilarious that they chose to post this part of the quote:

""I don't write this to brag, I just want any robbery-minded people out there who hear about this to know that I'm a tough mark, and they won't get that much off me even if they succeed."

And not this part, the super f____ scary part:

"And if they do succeed, they'll either go to jail, or I'll find them myself and make them wish they'd gone to jail. I'm a very nice guy, super-easygoing, and am friends with pretty much everybody I meet, but if you f*ck with my life or my family, I'm going to f*ck you back and then some."
Old 12-30-2004, 12:43 PM

Is money worth that much?
Old 12-30-2004, 12:43 PM

Yeah! a national news 2+2 quote! Whoo Whoo!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 12:47 PM

Default Negative EV Play

The positive EV thing to do when you get robbed is to give them what they want. Bad play by FossilMan to fight them off.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Negative EV Play

I'm actually not so sure. Are the robbers really gonna risk going to jail for murder for a little cash? I mean, this happened in the Bellagio did it not? I think it would have been a lot worse had he let them into his room. Also, it shows any would-be attackers that he's not going to just give up his money without a fight. So who knows...
Old 12-30-2004, 01:37 PM

People like you really amaze me. Somebody makes a hugely difficult decision, having only a second or two to do it, and you criticize them. And it's not just this poster, but several. Let me try to explain this one more time, since you're apparently not reading everything, or not smart enough to remember and understand what you read.

By the time they showed me the gun, they had already attacked me and tried to force me into my room. It was clear that they did not intend to simply grab what I had and run. They intended to get me quietly into my room and detain me. My concern was that having that much time, they would decide to kill me since I had seen their faces and could easily identify them. Thus, I came to the (rapid) conclusion that my chances of survival were greater by resisting than by giving in. It may be that this conclusion was in error, but it certainly wasn't a stupid conclusion. And in hindsight, I did make the right decision as well.

Of everybody who has disparaged my decision, I would bet that no more than 10% of them could handle themselves better in the same situation. Also, I wonder how many of these smart guys have the nerve to say things like this to my face (and by that, I mean with the same negative tone they put in their posts). Finally, I won't bother replying to any more of these douchebag comments.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 12-30-2004, 01:42 PM

Greg, I think you did the right thing. God knows what they would have done to you had they gotten you into the room. I've been in a somewhat similar situation (although I didn't have a gun pulled on me) and getting isolated with these guys is the last thing you need. Either fighting or running is better than giving in in this type of situation. Glad you weren't hurt.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:45 PM

Who cares about Greg Raymer he sat on a couple of guys who tried robbing him, what does he want a medal?
Old 12-30-2004, 01:49 PM

You gonna post this BS in every Fossilman thread? Troll.