Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 06:32 PM

Default No reads on villan, do I push?

25 NL 6 max 6 handed

Just sat down at table and have no reads on Villan.

Seat 1 Hero (24.25)
Seat 2 UTG (8.58)
Seat 3 MP ( 17.19)
Seat 4 CO (35.35)
Seat 5 Button ( 18.70)
Seat 6 SB (18.00)

Seat 6 posts SB .15
Hero post BB .25

Hero is dealt 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Villan raises to $1, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3, 1 fold, Villan raises to $5, Hero calls.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I'm OOP and this is a good flop for me in the fact that there are no overcards, unless Villan has an overpair. Do I push?
Old 11-19-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: No reads on villan, do I push?

I think you're facing an overpair. Pushing is bad, anything you beat will fold but hands that have you crushed will fold most times. If you had a read he'd stack off with overs here it would be different
Old 11-19-2005, 07:09 PM

You were 3bet preflop, so unless he's a donk who'll go allin with overcards(not that uncummon at these stakes but still...) I bet/fold unless one of us are close to allin... can't figure out who "villain" is.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:11 PM

No!!! The only thing your beating is AK. There is no one at 25NL that will fold 1010-AA to a flop push here.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You were 3bet preflop, so unless he's a donk who'll go allin with overcards(not that uncummon at these stakes but still...) I bet/fold unless one of us are close to allin... can't figure out who "villain" is.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what I was thinking. The mistake I made was not putting him on a range of hands prior to pushing. With the pf action his range of hands are AA-1010, and possible AKs. Looking back on this now, this was a bad move. I did push however and luckily for me, this was another case where I was up against an individual who was holding AQ, a very poorly played AQ pre-flop however. (I'm just glad that my poor play didn't hurt me this time. Turn came K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and river came another 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] giving me a full house, but one thing that has been reinforced here for me, always always put villan on some range of hands.