Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:55 PM

Default england vs. argentina

very very good game with the winning goal during injury time. i hate the cheating argetine athletes, and finally they lost. go england.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: england vs. argentina

Wouldn't get too excited about a friendly.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate the cheating argetine athletes, and finally they lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm. I smell suffering here. Accept it, man. And let it go. England soccer suck, it's not cheating, is playing better than you. I guess You still have that Maradona's goal inside your... heart.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i hate the cheating argetine athletes, and finally they lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm. I smell suffering here. Accept it, man. And let it go. England soccer suck, it's not cheating, is playing better than you. I guess You still have that Maradona's goal inside your... heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not cheating if it's the hand of god.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither would I normally, but this was against the Argies and wasnt too friendly. I switched on after 10 minutes such is the usual dullness of England friendlies.

However this was very competitive and a fantastic open game of football with loads of chances for each team and the benefit of us coming from behind to score a last minute winner. As the commentators said the reaction of the fans and players from England and the way the Argies came off the field it was as if we won the world cup. As a confidence boost it was good for England, but if this match happened again in the world cup I would expect to see more defence than was on show.

Great game though exactly what football is all about, I hope the match I am going to Saturday is half as exciting.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither would I normally, but this was against the Argies and wasnt too friendly. I switched on after 10 minutes such is the usual dullness of England friendlies.

However this was very competitive and a fantastic open game of football with loads of chances for each team and the benefit of us coming from behind to score a last minute winner. As the commentators said the reaction of the fans and players from England and the way the Argies came off the field it was as if we won the world cup. As a confidence boost it was good for England, but if this match happened again in the world cup I would expect to see more defence than was on show.

Great game though exactly what football is all about, I hope the match I am going to Saturday is half as exciting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone will deny that both teams are amongst the select group of nations with a real chance of success in Germany.

My point is that your better off finding form in June then now.

So many times I've seen teams look strong in the lead up to the finals only to watch them fall apart when it matters.

If the WC started today Brazil would be unstopable but who knows where each team will be at next year.

Can't wait to find out!!!
Old 11-19-2005, 12:12 AM

Default I Agree............Argentina Seems to Cheat a Lot

I don't watch soccer except when it is the world cup but it seems everytime I see Agentina play they is lots of grabbing of jerseys, takedowns. etc...

I saw Argentina play Cameroon one time and they ref ended up red-carded two Argentinian players. The shin-kicking that was going on was offensive.

I don't understand Argentina. They have lots of talent but when they play is seems like they rely on cheating rather than their talent. Then there is the hand-of-god goal by Maradona (Karma from the 1966 non-goal that the refs gave England). You can't accuse me of sour grapes because I'm an American.