Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 11-30-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Best way to cash out?

When I began playing online, Netteller charged me a fee to deposit funds that I then transferred free of charge to the online sites. What is the best way to now cash out some of my winnings? Will Netteller charge me more fees to reverse this transaction? Will the online sites charge me fees to have checks cut to me directly? Please advise.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Best way to cash out?

I've been doing this for about a year. It is my understanding that Neteller only charges a fee if you move funds from your bank account into Neteller. But there is no fee if you move funds from your poker account into Neteller or vice versa. It is also free to put funds from Neteller into your bank account for free.

I personally just have the money deposit from my poker account straight into my checking account. I also keep a little chunk in Neteller for bonus / reserve purposes.

Good luck
Old 11-30-2004, 03:26 PM

Neteller doesn't charge anything for their "normal" bank transfers from Checking account to Neteller or from Neteller to Checking account IF you're willing to wait a few days. If you can afford to do so, just leave a cushion on the sites & in Neteller & then transfer larger amounts prior to the event where you need them - that way you don't have to pay any fees.

Off topic: Although it takes even more planning, if you want to be extra careful, set up a seperate (free) checking account just to link it to Neteller. That way if you're paranoid of Neteller stealing your funds (or someone hacking into Neteller), you can still be safe.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:09 PM

This has nothing to do with poker theory. The question should have been posted in the "Internet Gambling" forum.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:51 PM

You know what M.B.E. you are absoultely correct and I apologize for that. However, with the myriad of irrelevent posts and reposts on this site, one would think you would have something better to do with your time than worry about one harmless post that was actually seeking some useful information that may have helped not only me but other readers.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:34 PM

Fixed your post:

"You know what M.B.E. you are absoultely correct and I apologize for that."
Old 12-01-2004, 02:58 PM

I wrote my post just as I intended. If he has so much experience on this forum then he would have noticed that I was new to the THIS forum and politely suggested I try my post elsewhere. Similarly, he could have offered and answer to my post if he had one or just left the thread altogether.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:00 PM

"If he has so much experience on this forum then he would have noticed that I was new to the THIS forum and politely suggested I try my post elsewhere."

He did.

"Similarly, he could have offered and answer to my post if he had one or just left the thread altogether."

I think he pointed out that you posted in the wrong forum to prevent you from doing so in the future. If no one told you you had done something wrong, there's a chance you'd continue to do so.

Do you recognize that posting in the wrong forum was a mistake on your part? It's not a big deal or anything. I'm really not sure why you're being indignant.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:17 PM

I apologized for posting in the wrong area already.

I am being indignant(as you say) because this post is an example of hundreds on here where a person is seeking useful information and rather then the focus being on answering or discussing the topic at hand, a pooh-ba or other similar type with too much time on their hands changes the discussion to something else usually revolving around their being the self-annointed forum cop.

OK- the post is in the wrong area but as you said its not that big of a deal. If I spent the whole day posting about whether things are in the right area, I would have no time left to learn anything from this forum.

Thank you for your time. If in all your expertise, you can move my post to the right forum, please by all means do so. Otherwise, why dont you move on and let me see if I can get some more answers to my original questions as I was simply seeking some useful information.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:49 PM

The first response gave you all the pertinent information. Neteller does not charge for a normal bank transfer, but the downside is the time delay. Just keep buffers in your online accounts, your bank account and your Neteller account and you should be able to transfer money all over the place without a charge.

Cheers,

Swede