Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-19-2004, 02:11 AM

Default Help me out with this play...

I'm small blind with K9s early on in a SnG game at Party Poker. Flop comes Qs10sxo. I'm one of the shorter stacks and check around. River comes xo. I have 12 outs (little better than 4 to 1). The only other person in the hand puts me all in. Should I call?

I called and lost to a pair of Aces (river was 8d or something). Was it a good call though? Doubling up early in the tournament like that would have put me in a commanding lead (I was at around 700 chips). Is it worth it?

Edit: I figured that the player was on a high pair with the A or Q. They seemed to play pretty tight. Not sure what they read me as.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Help me out with this play...

(sigh)

How many people are still at the table?

How many people limped?

How much is in the pot?

What level are the blinds at?

You skipped the turn. I assumed you were referring to the "turn" the first time you mentioned the "river"

8d...... Or "something"...... Well, "something" could be anything from deuce to Ace.. You mention the 8d like it is trivial. It just made a nut hand for anyone holding J9. Nobody raised preflop. This is a possible hand. Yer killing me here, dude... As Johnny 5 would say. "Moooorreeee Inppppuuuuttttt".

You seem to know about outs.. Well, first of all, you failed to tell us what was in the pot... It does make a big difference in whether you should call. How shortstacked are you? I assume that you were getting much less than 4 to 1 from the pot, with him putting you all in. Tell me this... If you knew you would get AA next hand, would you put all your money in on a draw knowing you'll bust out 4 out of 5 times, simply to "double up"? That kind of thinking is what saves many a tourney or SNG. Don't go broke on a draw unless you HAVE to.

Pogue

Honestly. You do know you can get a hand history emailed to you, right? People really do not like analyzing hands where little or no info is given by the participant.