Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Size Does Matter

Seems like one of those spots where he's either feeling it out with 88/99/QJ type stuff, or trying to build a pot with bottom set. That said, if you raise he probably folds all the hands you want in. If you call, he may lead the turn again strong (then you can consider a fold) or if he checks I'd like a checkbehind as it keeps the pot small, allows you to get some extra value by betting or calling the river vs a worse made hand, and saves you some chips vs a big pat hand.

Though I should back up and look at the whole draw possibility. I don't see him having a pure flush (or straight) draw here, since the vast majority of players check in that spot (and either checkraise bluff or call). Leading a pure flush draw intending to 3 bet is possible but very very few players will do it (and without a read, I can't flag him as tricky enough to do this). Something like 76d/JTd he could very well be intending to 3bet, and I think they are more likely to be played this way than a set, but there just aren't that many combinations of them out there. There are, however, a bazillion combos of KJ/QJ/JT/J9/77-TT that exist. And I want their money.

Everett