Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Party Single Table NL: How do the $30\'s compare with the $50\'s, $100s?

In terms of difficulty, how do the Party Single Table NLHE $50, $100, and $200 sit n go's compare to the $30 ones? Thanks.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Party Single Table NL: How do the $30\'s compare with the $50\'s, $100s?

I ask because I tried the Party single table for the first time last night. The structure is fast, but there is plenty of room for a good player to adjust to this. Also, you can play a million of them an hour.

I have played 6 so far.

Results:

1st -- Twice
2nd -- Twice
3rd -- Once
4th -- Once

I know I'm running good, but I also feel like the majority of the players are easy targets. My money keeps going in good, and my steals keep working. Just wondering if it's that easy in higher stakes.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Party Single Table NL: How do the $30\'s compare with the $50\'s, $100s?

The best SNGs, of course, are the ones where three guys are all-in and eliminated before you've paid your first blind. The worst ones are the ones where the blinds are 200/100 and there's still 7 players left. There's fish at every level, but as you move up you get fewer of the former games and more of the latter games. You still get enough of the all-in crazies to make them profitable, but your ROI definately goes down as you move up.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:51 PM

I've played 10s, 20s, 30s, 50s, and 100s, and I've watched many a 200 hand history.

The way I feel is that it's always worth a shot moving up if you have the bankroll as long as you can tell the difference between running good and being able to compete at that level.

For me, I settled on $20 SnGs and here's why:

-Very little variance
-I can 4-table easily because you don't need to get fancy
-I make about $30/hour doing this (so far... only 100 hr sample... But I feel it isn't luck. This accounts for all tables)

I could probably move up, and I will eventually to improve my game, but I'm a sophomore in college and this pays plenty more for me than any other job I can get.

If I keep this up for another 300 hours, I'll definitely have more room for variance and I'll move up to 30 or 50.

You are running good, and probably playing well too. I say keep at the level your at until you lock in about 300 SnGs and then evaluate it.

Now that I think about it however.. I'll definitely move up when I get the bankroll for it. If I have about a 38% ROI at the 20s, I'll only need a 8% ROI to have the same hourly rate at the 100s (besides the part about the table going slower).

I'm just a little scared of losing what I've worked so hard for.