Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Daliman, ZeeJustin, Jason Strasser and...

other successful bigger limit SNG players, how did you all advance to the level you're playing at now? was it a natural progression over time or was it a more quicker ascension due to early and profitable success?
Old 06-12-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Daliman, ZeeJustin, Jason Strasser and...

I don't know what sort of games they play, but I play the 100/9 and 200/15 SNG's on party pretty regularly and find that they are always as easy as the 30/3. I really think it's more about how much money you want to play for than skill.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what sort of games they play, but I play the 100/9 and 200/15 SNG's on party pretty regularly and find that they are always as easy as the 30/3. I really think it's more about how much money you want to play for than skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

so your answer pretty much centers on the fact that you have the bankroll to play $100 and $200 SNGs on a regular basis rather than you worked your way up over time from lower limit ones to your present level?
Old 06-12-2004, 03:57 PM

I am not any of those people, nor am I a big limit SnG player.

I do know from experiance that playing within your bankroll is quit possibly the most important thing to consider. I also would recomend that no one just start playing $100 or $200 SnGs without first proving yourself at the $20-$30 level. At least play 1000 $50 SnGs before trying the big ones.

If you already KNOW you are a winning player at SnG's (dont know how unless you have played enough), then I guess do what you want. No matter what.... never play with what you can't aford to lose.

Good luck
Old 06-12-2004, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with that. IMO the $30's and the $100's do not play the same at all. If I was in a bad mood I might say something like "if you can't tell the difference between those games you don't belong in the $100s." But I'm not, so I won't. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

eastbay
Old 06-12-2004, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with that. IMO the $30's and the $100's do not play the same at all. If I was in a bad mood I might say something like "if you can't tell the difference between those games you don't belong in the $100s." But I'm not, so I won't. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

so are you saying the skill level at the $30s on Party is less than the $100s on Party?
Old 06-12-2004, 04:48 PM

I think that's a load of crap. Perhaps if you're talking about the 100 game any old time of the day 24/7, but I'm obviously adding some game selection here, (ie. friday and saturday nights). There is a difference between the various limits in cash games, but in tournies, esp single table tournies, that difference is negligible. That is, it has a negligible effect on your winrate. You don't see as many idiotic plays in the early rounds of a 100 game, but that's because they're scared, not because they play better.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's a load of crap. Perhaps if you're talking about the 100 game any old time of the day 24/7, but I'm obviously adding some game selection here, (ie. friday and saturday nights). There is a difference between the various limits in cash games, but in tournies, esp single table tournies, that difference is negligible. That is, it has a negligible effect on your winrate. You don't see as many idiotic plays in the early rounds of a 100 game, but that's because they're scared, not because they play better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. I have statistics to convince myself otherwise, and I've seen numerous other posted examples of statistics which also provide evidence otherwise.

50% ROI in the 30 games has been achieved by numerous players, myself included. Find me one player who gets that in the $200 games. I've never seen such a claim over any significant sample, ever.

I'd love to learn otherwise, but I'm pretty certain you're wrong.

eastbay
Old 06-12-2004, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so are you saying the skill level at the $30s on Party is less than the $100s on Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

eastbay
Old 06-12-2004, 05:00 PM

I don't have statistical proof but I have played a lot at both and I think it is basically fact that the $100's are more difficult to beat.

Regards