Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Empire $50NL AKo OOP against LAGs

I've been at the table for about twenty minutes and this may be the first flop I've seen as I've been completely carddead. Button is a crazy lag. He has been raising and reraising very frequently, often with hands like 23o and T6o. He slows down some postflop, but is still a lag. BB is also very aggressive, but less so than button.

Empire Poker $50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

CO ($27.88)
Button ($146.97)
Hero ($49.50)
BB ($50)
UTG ($43.25)
MP ($48)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, BB calls $1.75, Button calls $1.75.

Flop: ($6.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4, Button folds.

Turn: ($14.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

River: ($20.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $19</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $39.75
Old 10-12-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Empire $50NL AKo OOP against LAGs

raise or fold the turn i think
you dont have many options vs a full house
Old 10-12-2005, 02:17 AM

You need to follow up your flop bet with a turn bet (I like about $8). If he's drawing to a flush or straight (which seems quite likely) make him pay. Additionally, when you check the turn and call the weak bet, you tell anyone who's paying attention "I have busted high cards or mid/low pair" and ask for the pot to be stolen from you. Keep the pressure on until you know you're beat.

Given your line, river is an easy fold. Lets just hope it wasnt K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bluffing you out.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to follow up your flop bet with a turn bet (I like about $8)

[/ QUOTE ]
And then what are you doing on the river? I didn't like the idea of putting in $8 here against his draw and then check-folding the river when he misses and having him bluff off me off the best hand. I also don't like building a big pot here on the turn if I'm going to be committed to put more in on the river potentially drawing dead the whole time.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:53 AM

Check/fold turn. Betting again is spewing.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold turn. Betting again is spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? He did say: "Button is a crazy lag." He's getting pretty good odds on that turn for a call. For all we know, BB is betting Ax because he has top kicker with the two pair on board. He might have nothing at all.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure? He did say: "Button is a crazy lag." He's getting pretty good odds on that turn for a call. For all we know, BB is betting Ax because he has top kicker with the two pair on board. He might have nothing at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is all well and good, but as I see it if Hero isn't willing to decide that his ace high is the best hand and call a large bet with it, then yes, calling the turn with the intention of folding to a PSB on the river is spewing.