Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 12:12 AM

Default one more hand to be critiqued

this table was full of donks. button was 50/0 and UTG was 84.6/23.1.

how could i have played this better?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds, BB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (15 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 07-26-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: one more hand to be critiqued

This is a tough hand. Honestly, I think your fold is fine. There are two people besides you who liked their hand enough preflop to cap and still like their hand a lot on a basically blank flop. Even donkeys get AA (or KK, or QQ) sometimes.

Heads-up, I think this is a pretty clear WA/WB situation.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:30 AM

I think the pot is too big to lay down an overpair here.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:34 AM

i don't know that you aren't getting implied odds to draw to 2-outs (it's about 13 or 14:1 right now), and there's a decent chance you're still ahead. i call and try to show this down as cheap as possible.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know that you aren't getting implied odds to draw to 2-outs (it's about 13 or 14:1 right now)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic observation which I failed to consider. If there's a reason I don't like it, it's because the BB could still cap behind you. Even then, though, with the bets doubling, you could still get paid off sufficiently.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't know that you aren't getting implied odds to draw to 2-outs (it's about 13 or 14:1 right now)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic observation which I failed to consider. If there's a reason I don't like it, it's because the BB could still cap behind you. Even then, though, with the bets doubling, you could still get paid off sufficiently.

[/ QUOTE ]

one thing i consider occasionally in big hands like this is, would I cap this flop against these opponents and feel comfortable with it? (or 3-bet in this scenerio), even though it goes against the gap theory, but still. this sort of acts as a tiebreaker at times when i'm not really sure where i am in the hand.

i try to remember that in a group of donks, sometimes AA is just as likely as TT. i think the turn is your real litmus test here.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:58 AM

i was worried about the donk factor becuase the two villians were definitely hacks. not just any hacks, but the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. oh, i gotta go, my damn weiner kids are watching.
i will post the results later if anyone wants to know but i want to get some more input before i do so (and probably nobody cares about the results anyway).