Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 04:16 PM

Default 99 OE straight draw vs ???

What hands could you possible put MP2 on here? I only have 17 hands worth of him in PT, so I really know nothing about him. Also, hows my action up to the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero ???
Old 03-26-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: 99 OE straight draw vs ???

I like the flop bet, betting the turn is a must, and I think 3-betting the river is a must. You only loose to Q9 here, which is unlikely 1) because you have two of those 9s and 2) because he cold-called two bets preflop. I have no idea what hand he'd have - he might have been slowplaying a set or two pair or something, you never know. The important thing is to realize you have the 2nd nuts and that it's very unlikely you're beat.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:29 PM

Maybe slowplaying a set of 8's (he'd probably have reraised preflop w. JJ or TT) or two pair w. JTs. Either is a horrible and dangerous play for him given the coordination of the board. I guess he's on A9s and you split.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop bet, betting the turn is a must, and I think 3-betting the river is a must. You only loose to Q9 here, which is unlikely 1) because you have two of those 9s and 2) because he cold-called two bets preflop. I have no idea what hand he'd have - he might have been slowplaying a set or two pair or something, you never know. The important thing is to realize you have the 2nd nuts and that it's very unlikely you're beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY what I thought. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky, he did have the Q9; but next time I will win it. I would imagine it would be an error to just call this being second to the nuts. The villian could easily have me on AA,KK,QQ,AK, etc. and have been slow playing a set.

JB
Old 03-26-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY what I thought. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky, he did have the Q9; but next time I will win it. I would imagine it would be an error to just call this being second to the nuts. The villian could easily have me on AA,KK,QQ,AK, etc. and have been slow playing a set.

JB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Easy 3-bet unless you have a rock-solid read to the effect that Villain won't ever raise the river without the mortal nuts. I 3-bet 99+% of the time. He could be slowplaying a set. He could have rivered 2-pair. He might be overplaying a pair that's he's willing to call a 3-bet with. Etc. You have the 2nd nuts. Raise it up.