Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 04:06 AM

Default KTo flops two pair

The SB in this hand is pretty solid (VP$IP = 19%, PFR = 8%). I've gotten to the point where I have no problem turning on the aggression against the run of the mill Party player, but for some reason I still want to revert to the "Look for a reason to roll over and die!" thinking recommended in WLLHE when I am met with resistance from someone that I know is a good player.

Does everything here look kosher?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
Old 01-27-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: KTo flops two pair

against most players I like capping the flop, because they'll usually bet the turn again anyway. I like this line here much more though.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:28 AM

I would go ahead and cap the flop, because everyone's putting another SB in here. Button already coldcalled two on the flop, and he's the only one who would have to coldcall if you cap.

Aaaand, I just noticed this, you may want to consider raising or folding this preflop based on your read of MP1 and the blinds. If he's loose and they're tight, raise. If he's tight and they're loose, fold. I wouldn't make this call preflop.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:38 AM

On second thought, I'm wrong.

Listen to this man.