Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Swing and a Miss... now what?

turn is easy fold. depending on my opponents i probably bet the flop when it's checked to me.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:05 PM

I’d bet the flop...fold to a Check/Raise unless everyone follows
If no C/R occurs I may get a freecard on the Turn and at least get to see the river for free.

In this situation I’m folding the turn
Old 07-25-2005, 11:46 PM

I'd probably try to take the pot with a bet on the flop. At least some of the limpers will fold, improving your chances if you hit an overcard

As it was played, I would fold the turn bet. While the betting doesn't seem to indicate anyone has a K, it's likely that someone does have a small pair. It's not unusual to check bottom or middle pair in early position. CO may be trying to buy the pot or he may have hit with the 9.

If you are behind, you have only you're overcards for less than 6 outs. The pot is too small to go after.

If you do decide to play, you need to raise - force MP1 & MP2 to cold call 2 bets. This could induce a better hand to fold. Calling is the worst option.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:55 PM

In a large pot, I think you need to bet the flop. Turn fold is perfect, the way you played it.

EDIT: Let me elaborate. First of all, you'd like to see a bunch of hands fold (in fact, just about all of them except hands which you are still dominating). Practically, this includes all unpaired hands which contain a Q. If they fold, that gives your J the best chance of winning (remember, this is a big pot right now). Also, it is likely -- considering everybody checked through on the flop -- that you'll buy yourself a free river. Finally, unlikely as it is in a four person pot, you might still have the best hand. Your hand, however, is as vulnerable as they come, so protect it.

Don't get me wrong, a flop bet is easily the last penny I put into the pot unimproved, but it serves several useful purposes here.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:25 AM

Fold is correct here. However, if the pot is larger for some reason I usually raise on the flop because you normally watch everyone but mabye one or two people call you and have a better chance at your high cards holding up.

If I encounter any raises after I bet on the flop instead of calls around I usually fold it.