Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 08:56 PM

Default JT vs LAG how am i gonna get paid

Seat 3: Hero ($19.30)
Seat 5: Villain ($34.60) loose/agg/agg. hes a pretty loose caller post flop as well.

hero [Th Js], 3 folds, hero limps
Villain raises to $1(from CO), folds around,

hero calls $0.75

Should this have just been a fold right here? Im oop, but if i hit a flop im sure to get paid off because of his aggressiveness.

FLOP: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( <font color="red">$2.35 </font>

hero checks
villain bets $1
hero calls $1

my JT mite be good right here, i think im either against a small pp(99 and down), or a weak ace. my plan was to call the flop and see what happens on the turn

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="red"> $4.35 </font>

hero checks Villain bets $1 hero raises to $5 Villain Calls

Good turn for me, he bet again, but it wasnt a very strong bet. it made me think hes holding something like 99.(possibly QQ but i dont think he would play it this slow) i made the biggest raise i thought he would call w/ a mid pair. thats what im pretty sure he had.

River 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="red">14.35 </font>

herobets $12.30, and is all in Villain folds

This is the bet im curious about. How much do you bet here? i want to get as much more out of him as possible. Would check/calling be a better line, that would possibly induce a river bluff, and i dont really lose much becuase hes probly not calling any decent sized bet on the river.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: JT vs LAG how am i gonna get paid

I'd bet $5.50 here. Pot is big enough for the move but I just think he's not calling this witout an Ace and a good kicker. $5.50 has a solid chance of being called.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:55 PM

Yeah, you need to bet something he can call on the river, ~$5 seems ok...I'll throw something out while I'm at it...what about just calling the turn to set up a weak-lead play at the river? Say call the turn and then bet like $3 on the river hoping he comes over the top, if he has a tendency to do so. You risk not getting as many chips if he doesn't go for it, but if it works and he bluff-raises you all in then you double. It's somewhat risky as you might not make as much, but I know it is a play that Danny N has used very successfully.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:53 PM

Fold pre-flop... twice.

Fold the flop.

Since you hit your miracle turn, c/r seems fine.

You can probably pull of like $8 on the river.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:57 PM

betting 5 on the river seems to be the only thing with a chance to get paid off. not so sure what villain is calling your turn checkraise with here either, if he's gonna fold to a river bet. pretty stupid play on his part.

as far as the weak lead idea goes, I don't think he's gonna bluffraise it that much. If he's got a weak pair, he'll just call it down. best to just value bet this river and hope he calls something.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop... twice.

Fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya after going over the HH, i never should have been in the hand.