Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Multitabling vs 1/2 Tables 6Max

I posted this in MSNL (linky), but didn't get a legitimate answer.

This question is primarily for those who have the time to play full time.

I understand the logic and success of multi-tabling 6max, but I data mine the hell out of PP (85+% of the higher limits), and I rarely see anyone who consistently averages a full buyin a day on a monthly basis. If multi-tablers were doing so well, certainly there should be a lot more of them.

When I multi table it is fairly hectic, reads are weaker, and I can only play for 2-3 hours. When I play a single table my reads are so strong that it really is zero stress and I can play for as long as I want, and I almost always win a buyin within 2-4 hours, but can play longer if needed.

For the rare days I don’t win a buyin, the monthly rake pretty much makes up for it.

So my question is, are most people multi tabling because they are short of time and therefore it is the best way to make the most money? Or is it because you really think it is the most effective approach?

And of you think multi tabling is the most effective approach (provided you had unlimited time to play), where are all of the 1+ buyins a day players?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Multitabling vs 1/2 Tables 6Max

[ QUOTE ]
where are all of the 1+ buyins a day players?

[/ QUOTE ] playing higher stakes probably...
Old 12-06-2005, 07:24 PM

Poker is streaky. There are 1+ buy-in a day players but they don't necessarily make a buy-in everyday. They make 4-5 one day then lose 2 the next, then make a little bit the next session.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So my question is, are most people multi tabling because they are short of time and therefore it is the best way to make the most money? Or is it because you really think it is the most effective approach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both but mostly because it will make you more money per hour. Single-tabling will earn you more money per table hour but why do that when you can "x" amount more per real hour time?

[ QUOTE ]
where are all of the 1+ buyins a day players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm right here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 08:13 PM

Think about it guy, if you make 1 buy in at higher stakes, say NL2000, in the same amount of time that you make it at NL 200 (which I presume is every 2-3 hours as you indicated), then you're making a lill less than 1,000 dollars an hour. Maybe a player who runs real well does this occasionally, but don't forget about variance.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:14 AM

how longs a day? I can avg a couple buyins 8 tabling for 8 hours (but i am running hot [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). However i rarely play more than 3 or so hrs/day. I think many others are like this.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 AM

I often lose 5 buyins in one day. I multitable 3-4 tables and play 10 hours a day. Sometimes i win 10 buyins tho. On average I win alot but have been playing only 2-3 months. This unusual? The days i lose 5-8 buyins i dont seem to do anything different from the days i win 10 buyins, ie not tilting. Honestly, every hand you have the potential to lose your whole stack or double up, so i dont think this is strange.