Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Weird 15/30 AK?

My two opponents in this hand I've had a fair number of hands with...one of them is pretty fishy and totally random, the other is tight, aggressive, and tricky. I put fishypie on any piece of the board, a lesser ace, any pocket pair...his range is very wide, and he could even have a draw of some sort. If I put TAG squarely on AK (and think I might be able to push him off it), is this okay, or am I just straight up hemorrhaging?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG (TAG) raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, CO (Fishypie) calls, 3 folds, TAG caps, Hero calls, Fishypie calls.

Flop (13.67 SBs): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
TAG bets, Hero raises, Fishypie calls, TAG calls.

Turn (9.83 BBs): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
TAG checks, Hero checks, Fishypie bets, TAG raises, Hero 3-bets...
Old 06-17-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Weird 15/30 AK?

Bump. How bad is this? So bad no one wants to touch it? When I put in 3BB on the turn, the pot has 13BB in it...do my opponents ever both fold? If they fold 1/4 times, this play is clearly +EV. If they fold say, 1/7 times and some of the time that they don't fold I win...?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Weird 15/30 AK?

why are you putting TAG squarely on AK? Yeah, if that's all he has, this move might be worth it (if fishy would ever fold a piece of the board here, that's up to you.) But the TAG can easily have an overpair (JJ+) here and this move is just spewing IMO.

Fold on the turn when getting it 2 bets back.