Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Shameful stats post

Anybody seeing anything jump out at them that might cause me problems in the SH games? I've decided to dive back into playing the 1/2 6max lately, after previously being a winner in it and other full-ring games, and have hit a soul-sucking downswing that makes me want to puke after every session. I'll try to post more hands I guess, but just hoping maybe something in these stats points to a bigger problem. I think my blind defense and stealing may need some work, but it seems to me that blind stealing isn't really blind stealing at the 1/2's because nobody folds ever. Argh. Anyway, I know it's a small sample but I think most stats (rather than results) are pretty consistent after a few K hands...

Old 12-09-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Shameful stats post

pf numbers look good, except you might want to fold the sb more to steal. one pair won = 38%, WtSD = 29%, W$SD = 49%, you're running bad, next. you should probably go to showdown more often in the long run. from these stats i guess you're just not making a lot of good hands and you've been making the right decisions. hard to say, post hands instead.

also a 5k hands stat post is pretty worthless and just clogs up the forum.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:08 AM

Basically you’re weak-tight and running bad. That's a sucky combo. You need to raise more, period. You're steal % isn't terrible so you'll missing out on other raises. You should be isolating loose limpers a ton at this limit. You're getting killing in the blinds and it has less to do with running bad then that you're playing bad. You're too tight and you're way to passive. Granted that there could be sample size issues here, but if those numbers are close to reality you're not raising near enough from the BB or the SB. Mine are 10% in the BB and 20 in the SB. You're also not defending you're BB enough.

On to post flop, You need to see more showdowns. Bare minimum 32%. Folded to river bet is too high IMO. You need to pay off more. You're also checking too much after a PFR, IMO.

Seeing as how you just got you clock cleaned in 4K. I'd recommend a few day off. During that time think about you're game and situations you need to play differently to come out of this funk. Many of the things I've mentioned are going to be nearly impossible for you to change if you're thinking about how much money you're losing or you're having thoughts like "I can't win," "He always has me beat," and "I hate this game." So take some time off until you can come back to the game with a fresh <u>positive</u> perspective that will allow you to do what you need to do to win.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything crazy going on with my play before I went on much further since I've never spent any time in the SH forums. This freaking streak is getting to my head.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree if he hadn't lost 300BB in 5K. Do you expect wait for 30K? I doubt he'll make it at this pace. Granted he's not a long term 6 BB/100 loser but still 300 in 5K is not just variance 99% of the time.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:13 AM

oh, wow. i didn't look that closely and i thought he was playing 3/6 and only lost 100BB. you're right, i don't blame you for posting.. listen to leader, his advice is much better than mine
Old 12-09-2005, 03:16 AM

Some stats from very good players Compare yours it may help you. They are for higher limits though. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlin...amp;postmarker=
Old 12-09-2005, 11:04 AM

Thanks Leader. I'm surprised my raised out of the blinds is so much lower than yours. That's definitely something I need to work on. Overall, I think these stats are a combo of small sample size, a rough run (I've run into SO many big hands with my better hands), and a lot of weak-tight (gasp) play. I'm not sure if I tightened up during this or if I've just been getting slightly cold-decked, but my VPIP used to be at 28% before this. Anyway, thanks again. I'm going to see if I can dig up any post-worthy hands.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody seeing anything jump out at them that might cause me problems in the SH games?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. To wit and right off the bat: the title of this thread. Getting down on yourself reinforces negative expectations and tends to cause future results to meet them.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folded to river bet is too high IMO. You need to pay off more.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is the expected appropriate range for that?