Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-04-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Atlantis Side Games

For anyone who went to this event last year, do you know what kind and how many side games they spread? I know they don't normally have poker here so I was just curious. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Atlantis Side Games

I'm also interested in answers to this as i have a friend who will need to play the lowest games they offer. As such, i was wondering how low do they go.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who will need to play the lowest games they offer. As such, i was wondering how low do they go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it's Stars, I'm pretty sure they'll have a .02/.04 limit game, and a .01/.02 NL game. But watch out, since they'll be raking $4 a hand, since it's B&M, plus $1 for the jackpot.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:42 PM

They had a bunch of SNGs ranging up to $100 or $150 (unless people asked for bigger) I think and had alot of side games running but I don't remember the details since I rarely played ring games back then. I think they offered limit hold em up to 30/60 but would spread bigger and other games if there was interest. I know they offered NL hold em too. I can't imagine the side games are terribly fishy since it is mostly people who managed to qualify on Stars but can't say for sure.

Hopefully someone can give you a better answer.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also interested in answers to this as i have a friend who will need to play the lowest games they offer. As such, i was wondering how low do they go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Food at Atlantis is insanely expensive.... Last year, they occasionally set up food outside the poker room at dinner time during the main event but it wasn't much. You can find more reasonable food outside of the hotel complex but I wouldn't expect this to be a cheap trip
Old 12-05-2005, 04:58 PM

I'd also like to go and just play the side games. What kind of loot are we talking here for hotel/food (I got the airfare covered)? What are the good dates to be there for? Has anyone done this last year?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:34 PM

others have mentioned how expensive the food is.

just curious about details on this.
how 'insane' is 'insanely expensive' there.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
others have mentioned how expensive the food is.

just curious about details on this.
how 'insane' is 'insanely expensive' there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid $35 for a burger, fries and a coke last year. Does that qualify as insane?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:03 PM

If you get a bagel/roll, fruit, juice and coffee for breakfast I think it was $18. All you can eat breakfast was $25-$30 I believe. I travel alot on business and eat well and I would compare the prices to nice restaurants in New York. Definitely more expensive than Chicago (where I live).

I just checked room rates for the weak of the tournament and it is $4500 to $5500 for room only! There are much cheaper hotels in the area (I seem to recall that there used to be a Days Inn near Atlantis). I stayed at a Hilton just across the bridge in Nassau the first time I went to the Bahamas that was decent and more reasonable but you would have to cab to the Atlantis ($10 maybe).

If you are playing in the tournament buying in through Stars is actually a good value ($3000 gets you a room and I believe a $1000 meal plan). The rooms they gave last year were in the nicer part of the resort so they would be the $5500 rooms quoted now.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:21 PM

I posted about the side games in the main thread, if i remember rightly they sucked. zj, daryn, mlg, bruiser can prob confirm better though.