Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Encouraging your table to stall in a tourney (long....as usual)

I'm currently in a party ferrari freerole satellite that passes on 200 to next stage. It has been a stallathon for a good 2 hours since we got down to 400 people. Now down to 202 and still no hand-for-hand. Very poor tournament software design.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:04 PM

Wow. Mike had to waste a heap of time to answer a question which is [censored] obvious to anyone with even a bit of common sense. I hope that whiners don't get the idea it's OK to badger Party relentlessly until they give them money they don't deserve.

Happy ending indeed.

You know today, someone playing at my $100 NL Holdem table said "this guy tries to buy pots, call him down." A few hands later, I pushed all in with AK on a K94 flop, someone called me with KJ (which they probably wouldn't have otherwise), and caught a J on the turn. I lost $80.

I'm going to email Party and badger them until I get a refund, CLEARLY this is collusion. You can't talk about strategy at the table or how to play against other players. I should get my money back. I'm not going to stop until Mike OMalley himself makes me feel important by giving me a long reply stating the obvious.

Thanks, Bob

P.S. You usually are an internet superstar but you really lost the plot on this one imho.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:08 PM

yeah. i agree that their choices of when to make it hand-for-hand could stand improvement.

Same goes with stars tourneys and satellites too.
the times that they don't go hand-for-hand when they clearly should/could (because every table is stalling) are numerous.

At least Stars now disables all chat (players and observers well) before getting to that bubble-stage...which I believe is to counter 'team-stalling' strategies such as what I encountered.

If you are going to be playing a long tourney like that then you just have to prepared for all the stalling that is likely to take place.
A couple ways I get myself through it include:
1. multi-tabling
2. surfing 2+2

There is one benefit of tourneys going to hand-for-hand at inappropriate times and that has to do with other players being put on tilt.

When I was playing lots of MTT's on Empire in an effort to build up my e-points I saw this a lot.

20 players in a satellite...1st place gets the seat. 2nd place gets nothing.
It goes to hand-for-hand right from the very first hand..which is, of course, ridiculous.

Lots of players would get EXTREMELY upset and frustrated with the bad decision to go to hand-for-hand and that point and would even TELL YOU that they are so ticked off at the tourney, there is no point to playing when it's going to be so slow, and then start showing that they are serious about it when they show you their J4o all-in's while they are begging for someone to knock them out.

So just deal with the stalling or hand-for-hand slowness as best you can. and if that takes playing another table or two so that you feel you are using your time better than do that.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:12 PM

My god...What a great reply by Mike at Partypoker. I knew he was pretty competent from his posts, but jeez. His answer pwns compared to the industry average.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You know today, someone playing at my $100 NL Holdem table said "this guy tries to buy pots, call him down." A few hands later, I pushed all in with AK on a K94 flop, someone called me with KJ (which they probably wouldn't have otherwise), and caught a J on the turn. I lost $80.

I'm going to email Party and badger them until I get a refund, CLEARLY this is collusion. You can't talk about strategy at the table or how to play against other players. I should get my money back. I'm not going to stop until Mike OMalley himself makes me feel important by giving me a long reply stating the obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a completely different situation. Talking strategy at the table and making comments about another players style of play is much different than colluding during a tournament.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:03 AM

the reason i kept 'badgering' them was not necessarily to get compensation.
it was to get a reasonable answer.

they kept saying basically that stalling is an unfortunate situation in some tournaments...which was not the thrust of my argument at all.

in fact, if Mike had sent that explanation without any compensation at all but just said, 'since we don't believe the team-stalling effected your chances too significantly' I would have been okay with it.

We deserve responses that address the issue and don't miss the mark completely.

Sorry some of you are seeing it as whining.

But I know that if I had this situation on Stars it would likely have been correctly addressed on the 1st or 2nd try.
It's not THAT hard to understand that the stalling itself didn't concern me as much as the 'team-stalling' discussion.

To your NL hand:
Just like my situation, I think this player should be reported.
If I was at that table I would politely tell the other player to please not discuss such things at the table as it is clearly inappropriate.

I don't think you are entitled to compensation in this situation...and if it happened to me I wouldn't think I would be entitled to any compensation either, thus I would not try to get anything out of Party.
This is especially true since his 'call him down' statement didn't even take place on that particular hand.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:01 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

FlFishOn is a real piece of work. I guess it's acceptable to organize teams of players on cash tables and collude to take all the suckers money, since you're online and it's their own fault for playing at the table with you while you violate rules that you agreed to follow when you signed up to play on that site?

I think it would have cost Party less money to just give you the $90 refund instead of spend all the time and resources they did responding to your issues, that obviously cost them more than the 90 bucks.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Happy ending:

I didn't contact Mike O'Malley about this, but yesterday afternoon I received this e-mail....

[/ QUOTE ]

tl;dr
Old 11-14-2005, 01:48 AM

i don't know what that means.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:22 AM

He says he personally called time on Tiffany Williams. Wasn't it that weiner dude we saw on TV? Also, persoanlly I don't think the other players cheated so bad and you got more compensation than you deserve. Go you!