Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Best place to play in/near Omaha?

I am going to be in Omaha, Nebraska next week. Where is the best place to play there? (lower limits upto 8/16)
Old 09-27-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Best place to play in/near Omaha?

Harrahs in Council Bluffs, Iowa right across the river is your place. They generally have 3-6, 5-10 w/kill, sometimes 10/20 w/half kill, and no limit 1-2 blinds.

They even play OMAHA sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Make sure to have a big steak while you are there.

DRCAT
Old 09-27-2005, 09:35 PM

Regular games:

3/6 LHE
4/8 LHE
5/10 LHE w/full kill
1/2 NLHE 100Max Buyin
Usually they have a 4/8 Limit Omaha

On Mondays they have a 10/20 LHE game with 1/2 kill (I think its Monday), but I heard that game is not consistantly staying going the whole time.

On Wednesdays they have a 20/40 HO game with 1/2 kill, but the people who run the card room are homers for the locals, so they let the locals who FINISH the game the week before, be first on the list for the game the next Wednesday. And they let the locals sign up as the week goes on, making it almost impossible to get into the game unless you were there the last time the game ran. Basically its the same people beating each other up, although there are usually two live ones. Unfortunately, I'm not a local and dont live in Omaha, so I've only played in it once. Its a good game though.

Hope this helps.

Nick
Old 09-29-2005, 04:00 PM

The one time I tried to play here, I was told the wait was six hours. I don't know if they allow call aheads, but you should definitely check into it.

I could be thinking of the wrong place, but if memory serves, only one of the boats(these are located on the Missouri river, tied to the pier/connected to the shore based entry buildings), had live poker. There were... maybe 6-8 tables going??

Definitely call ahead and check about getting on the list, but at least see how long the wait is before you show up!
Old 09-29-2005, 04:19 PM

My single experience was similar, having been told the wait was insanely long for all games, except that the 10/20 w/ half kill actually opened up after like 10 minutes.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:13 PM

The wait used to be very long. Now the wait, especially for the 4/8 and 5/10 games, is not long at all. You'll have to wait longer for the NL game, but meh.

Nick