Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Foxwoods on Veteran\'s Day

As I get the day off work, I'm thinking about driving down to Foxwoods on Veterans' Day. I normally play the 1/2 no-limit game there on the weekends and its often very juicy. Anyone know if it'll be good this Thursday? It would really suck to use my day off to drive an hour and a half just to sit at a table full of sharks instead of fish. The small stakes limit games on the weekdays are often pretty soft but I've never done the no-limit then.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods on Veteran\'s Day

If you're interested, the WPF $500 no-limit tournament is that day. You would need to get there early enough to register.

Details on their site.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:23 AM

Yeah, I know about the tournaments. I've been going back and forth about entering them for weeks and I think I decided that my bankroll right now would be healthier if I didn't. The buyins are a little more than I want to spend and I have little live tournament experience so my expectation isn't high enough to justify it. In thinking about this Thursday, I didn't consider the tournament bustout factor; people that get knocked out early will probably stick around for the cash games. I don't expect it to be as good as on the weekends but maybe there will be money to be made.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:23 PM

I would think that they will have a lot of satellites going on for the main event. Also they are running single table events with different buy ins(125 - 1000)The upstairs poker room will probably be quiet for NL but the small limit games are juicy
Old 11-09-2004, 09:47 PM

Not sure why you'd think the upstairs will be quiet for NL. I expect the entire place to be packed with the WPT event and the day off work for a lot of people. I know if I bust out of the tourney early, I'll be looking for a seat at the 5/5 NL game. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that plan. Should be very juicy action, if you can get seated.