Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-09-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Too passive or good fold?

Villain is 86/12/.72 after 44 hands. I had not seem them do anything out of the ordinary. Their preflop raising standards were pretty liberal and they played too many hands too far.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 <font color="#A500AF">(Villian)</font>/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 <font color="#A500AF">(Villian)</font>/ calls.

Pre-flop is standard

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls, Button folds, BB calls.

I figure that considering villian's range of possible holdings I'm either way ahead or way behind. I also have three people behind me to act and I can't rule out the possibility that one of them has an A. The pot isn't huge and I think I'm needing to probably spike one of the two other K's to win.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 12-09-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Too passive or good fold?

Don't fold! Raise that flop! You know where two of the aces are, making it less likely that the villain has one. If he 3-bets I'm calling down unless I spike a K.

Also, 10SB in a 5 handed flop is a big pot.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:47 AM

That was my initial reaction, "Raise!" but for some reason I second guessed myself and thought I was beat for sure. It was an odd passive moment for me which is why I posted it.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It was an odd passive moment for me which is why I posted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't passive. It was tight. Passive is when you call too much instead of betting/raising or folding.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:22 AM

i actually would like to play this hand passive. why raise it? keep people in and let the Q keep betting. nobody can make a better 2 pair and unless someone has KJ or catches a miracle runner-runner, we have a really strong hand.

i simply call/call/call.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:17 AM

at .5/1, someone is more likely to hold that Ace. Bet that flop and find out what happens

Crovax
Old 12-09-2005, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 86/12/.72 after 44 hands. I had not seem them do anything out of the ordinary. Their preflop raising standards were pretty liberal and they played too many hands too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like he likes playing Axo Axs here. Hmm but 44 hands is to little. If this was over 300 hands I may throw it away on the flop, now I get into a passive mode and call it down. A bet would be nice at higher stakes but in 0,5/1, nah...
Old 12-09-2005, 08:21 AM

You played it well. I would not have raised the flop. For one thing if the guy is "iinto" it he would raised you right back and THEN what.

This is not a fight I would want to get into plus- you have 3 other players in the pot after you who couldALSO have an Ace.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:28 AM

3-bet the flop and call a raise (If he calls here, you can lead the turn), I fold the turn UI (who am I kidding? I call down thinking he has KQ [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])
Old 12-09-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i actually would like to play this hand passive. why raise it? keep people in and let the Q keep betting. nobody can make a better 2 pair and unless someone has KJ or catches a miracle runner-runner, we have a really strong hand.

i simply call/call/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my line. A raise will only get you 3bet by better hands and will fold most worse ones. If he's betting a Q he's probably sitting on the fold button waiting for you to act.