Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Could I be a losing player at $200nl 6-max?

Extra points to those who can guess exactly how much I'm down. I have no idea what is going on. Every big pot I play I'm losing to some horrible suckout, but maybe those are just natural, and I suck [censored] dick at poker and can't win. I've tried 3 tabling in the last few days, but it had just been bad as well.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Could I be a losing player at $200nl 6-max?

Yes. 2K.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. 2K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a sec to figure out what the [censored] is wrong w/ stupid [censored] photobucket.

[censored]!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:44 PM

I'm about breakeven after ~9K hands of that game (mostly just 2-tabling) but beating the full ring version pretty handily. I suck at 6-max, though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about breakeven after ~9K hands of that game (mostly just 2-tabling) but beating the full ring version pretty handily. I suck at 6-max, though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure what to do, because I've lost a good ammount. I really could be a losing player in this game and I don't want to stick around to find out. I've got $3700 left online, should I stick it out for another grand and then kill myself, or just kill myself now?
Old 08-15-2005, 07:47 PM

Are you beating the $100 6-max game? You could always drop down and rebuild both your bankroll and confidence for a while.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:48 PM

2001$, Bob [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

move down and dominate .5/1 for a while and get your confidence back, you don't seem to have much--No offense
Old 08-15-2005, 07:50 PM

You're down $1500.

Personally I quit trying it after running bad and tilting.

-$1430 after 2553 hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 07:51 PM

8% is pretty tight for 6-max ... are you sure you just haven't had a few big pots lost to bad beats, and maybe a few to monsters running into monsters (KK v. AA, set v. over-set, etc)? Those have a tendency to ruin any player's confidence.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:52 PM

Your number look like numbers which could be for a winning player. I think the optimal numbers are higher VPIP and higher PFR though. The obvious answer, though, is that 4K hands is nothing. Maybe you're just running bad. With only 3K+ left online, I would move down (that's what I did with the same amount). Kill the NL100 6-max for a bit and then move back up. I'm back up to 4K (thanks to everyone who kicked my ass on my posted hands today and got me back towards my A game) and will be moving back to NL200 soon. My best advice is for you to do the same.

If I had to pick something just from those stats that is the most problematic, however, I would say that you are playing too tight. Folding too much to blind steals. Stealing too rarely. Playing too few hands. Probably this tightness manifests itself postflop as well and you might be getting run over in places where you shouldn't. Particularly if you are multi-tabling. I might cut down to one table, play another 4K hands at one table and make certain that your money in going in with the best of it. If it is, kick it back up to multiple tables. If it isn't, look at your postflop play and try to find some more profitable spots preflop to add in. Like re-raising out of the blinds. People who steal all the time preflop can't take re-raises very often.