Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Could I be a losing player at $200nl 6-max?

[ QUOTE ]
What is interesting about these stats is that you are not making money with your strongest hands.. its really strange; post more hands when you are delt this AX or AA hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ As Ad ]
Sponger raises [$8].
Fjolset folds.
poorpez folds.
vinnyc47 folds.
SirLeo folds.
Cracka23 folds.
Sponger does not show cards.
Sponger wins $11

seriously though give me a moment
Old 08-15-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] happens dude, you can cry about it and feel sorry for yourself but that doesnt help the bottom line much

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm just not really sure what do now. Its kinda demoralizing to lose a ton of money in 4k hands, and still suck, and not want to post hands.

Anyone want to come over to my house and watch me play poker and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

take a break for a couple days, excercise, go running or something, get really drunk, thats my tilt cycle. works well for me. excercise really makes you feel better.

tomorrows a new day, you have to really believe that and take a new starting point, you can do anything about the past, the future is all you can control.

and post more hands, and more importantly, write your thought process, this is 10x more valuable than copying a hand and hearing someone say "fold teh tu3n duh!", even if that advice is correct.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] happens dude, you can cry about it and feel sorry for yourself but that doesnt help the bottom line much

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm just not really sure what do now. Its kinda demoralizing to lose a ton of money in 4k hands, and still suck, and not want to post hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is. I lost $1000 very quickly at $200NL 6-max (set over set, flush over flush, QQ rivering a set vs my KK etc.) and then proceeded to tilt almost all of my bankroll away while still running moderately bad - DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. I had to move all the way back down to $50NL. Move back down to $100NL for a couple thousand hands and re-evaluate your game and your play in all big hands (not just the ones you lost).

Good luck.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:33 PM

Ok, like here are my massive 13 hands with AKs, the big loss was A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on a J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] against KK and I decided I was going to get crazy.

Here is the second biggest loss:

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
rnjunlimited folds.
Villian [$2].
TheJungOne folds.
mlh1949 calls [$1].
Sponger raises [$8].
Villian calls [$8].
mlh1949 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Sponger checks.
Villian [$15].
Sponger raises [$40].
Villian calls [$25].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
Sponger checks.
Villian checks.
** Dealing River ** [ T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Sponger checks.
Villian checks.
Sponger shows [ Ks, As ] a pair of tens.
Villian shows [ Kc, 8c ] two pairs, tens and eights.

Villian had been pushing me around a little bit and I thought he was LAG, he ended up settling to 29vpip/6pfr and I thought he would most likely fold to this raise on the flop. I didn't want to fire a second barrel. Oh well.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:36 PM

I hadn't been playing with Villian long but he seemed pretty dumb, he was 44vpip/16pfr

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
jcmoneybags calls [$2].
DeBat folds.
CallMeLisa folds.
Sponger raises [$9].
Samuhajen calls [$8].
jcmoneybags folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3:spades:, K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Sponger bets [$15].
Samuhajen raises [$30].
Sponger calls [$15].
** Dealing Turn ** [ J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
Sponger checks.
Samuhajen bets [$40].
Sponger calls [$40].
** Dealing River ** [ 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Sponger checks.
Samuhajen bets [$80].
Sponger calls [$80]
Old 08-15-2005, 08:39 PM

checkraise more or fold, i usually fold

once you checkraise that is a push turn for shure

otherwise unless you have a read specific read on the guy like "fires at flops with nothing and thinks im tight" this is a check fold for me.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:41 PM

I have noticed significant differences in the play between the Party and Skins 100 NL 6-max game and the 200 NL 6-max game. Personally, I have been doing very well at the 100NL level (with a ton of variance though), but have not been able to establish a good foothold in the 200NL game. I haven't really lost any money, but I haven't won any either. For the time being I've given trying to move up.

In contrast to the way you play, I play rather Laggy at both levels. I find that this works much better a the 100NL levels as there is a lot more weak play and lower blinds make it possible to play around in a pot without sinking a ton of money (and a large potion of a 100BB stack) in a pot. I find that at the 200NL level I run into a lot more ball busters that will contenst pots to the pf raiser. At 100NL its much easier (and cheaper) to buy the pot. When the Laggy play has worked well for me at the 200 NL levels it has been when I managed to build a large 3x buy in stack. I think if I could consistently get to 3x the buy in without busting out too much I would be fine. The problem I am having is getting there. It seems a lot harder for me to get to $600 in the 200 NL game than it is for me to get to $300 (or even $400) in the 100NL game.

One other thing I noticed about 200NL is that there is a lot more thinking and the hands take much longer to play (on average). This agues for the 100NL game.

Because I need semi reliable poker income for the time being, and I am doing so well at the 100NL level, I am going to stay there for the time being. When I can afford not to make money playing poker for a month or two and have a solid bankroll of 20 buyins I'm going to take a good stab and moving up.

Honestly, I would have been much better off moving up to 200 NL when Party made the change from 50BB stacks to 100BB stacks. I was doing well at the 50BB stack game at with 1/2 blinds, but when they made the change they didn't spread enough 200NL games so I moved down and reworked my game.

Passion
Old 08-15-2005, 08:41 PM

cr the turn all in, if he has some weird 2 pair [censored] i lose

that is my default "i got minraised on the flop with a hand i want to get all in with line"
Old 08-15-2005, 08:42 PM

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
MolsonEh folds.
ppisfun folds.
Sponger raises [$6].
Kcon04 calls [$6].
o9oo9 calls [$5].
bbremner folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
o9oo9 checks.
Sponger bets [$10].
Kcon04 folds.
o9oo9 calls [$10].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
o9oo9 checks.
Sponger bets [$25].
o9oo9 calls [$25].
** Dealing River ** [ 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
o9oo9 is all-In.
Sponger calls [$127.15].

Villian is extremely stupid. I saw him throw out weak ass bluff earlier against someone else, I wish I could find the hand history to prove it, but basically, this guy was dumb... so, does he have me beat here???

Also.... this hand was 6 hands after the above hand one....

I figured this to be a typical "way ahead, way behind scenario" so I let him bet it for me... bad idea?

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
ppisfun folds.
Sponger raises [$6].
Kcon04 calls [$6].
o9oo9 calls [$6].
bbremner folds.
MolsonEh folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Sponger checks.
Kcon04 bets [$6].
o9oo9 calls [$6].
Sponger calls [$6].
** Dealing Turn ** [ K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Sponger checks.
Kcon04 bets [$8].
o9oo9 calls [$8].
Sponger calls [$8].
** Dealing River ** [ 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
Sponger checks.
Kcon04 checks.
o9oo9 bets [$65].
Sponger calls [$65].
Old 08-15-2005, 08:47 PM

No reads.....

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
jimscoggins folds.
Schlitz34 folds.
sgu80 folds.
T1141529 folds.
Sponger raises [$5].
pocketsmagee calls [$4].
** Dealing Flop ** [ J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Sponger checks.
pocketsmagee bets [$5].
Sponger calls [$5].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Sponger bets [$10].
pocketsmagee calls [$10].
** Dealing River ** [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Sponger bets [$20].
pocketsmagee raises [$60].