Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Proof that I need a long break?

Umm...obviously not? What are your hand ranges for each opponent here?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:16 PM

Why did you raise so small preflop?

I'm sorry to hear about your bad run. It feels like they will never end when you're in the middle of them, but suddenly they just do.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:19 PM

Because I'm an idiot and part of my bad run has been not getting action on my premium pairs. Obviously, I play bad. Don't look at my recent posts for 'how to play'.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:22 PM

I'm not going to treat these guys separately in speculating about what their holdings might be because I don't think there is any reason to. From you perspective you might as well treat them as one super player. They both have you covered so there are no side pot considerations from your point of view.

At a minimum I would speculate that your looking at JQ and a draw (like J8). Other probable hands include JT, T7, J8, or J9, all of which have you destroyed by the turn.

Passion
Old 08-15-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm...obviously not? What are your hand ranges for each opponent here?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. what are you doing raising to 2.5 BB after a limper?

2. on the flop, you bet (this is fine), got minraised, and that got called. you could have folded on the flop, and then the turn when someone fires big at the pot again with someone else left to act, you dont fold.

3. one pair, even if its the special one, is worthless here on that board multiway.

take 10 days off, don't play poker, don't read 2p2, go excercise, find something else. i always excercise when im on tilt, it really helps.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:25 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
Because I'm an idiot

[/ QUOTE ] So very far from true.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
Don't look at my recent posts for 'how to play'.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not. I was just pointing out something that seemed, really easy to fix. (Not bluffing calling stations = hard, raising proper amounts preflop = easy. For me at least.)
Old 08-15-2005, 02:27 PM

wow....misplayed on every street.

Your preflop raise has to be at least $5 with a limper. You bet the flop got raised, that got cold called, then you called....I really hate this call after a bet/raise/call to you. I think you are behind at least one of these opponents, and I strongly suspect you are behind both of them. Fold the turn, you shouldn't be in the river, but that's a fold too.

edit: On a side note, your last few hand posts are played like a guy who knows he's going to lose the hand but just can't seem to let it go and can't find it in himself to raise when he knows he's ahead....they are kind of like lost hands where you are playing just like the loose passive fish we make our money on. I really think you should take a week or 3 off, and do anything but poker. Reading books on it is ok, watching it on TV is ok, but do not play. I'd probably not log on to 2+2 during the meantime either. You need to refocus and come back in with a fresh perspective. I did this a while back after a horrendous downturn at 5/10 limit short. I took 2 months off and came back in and started playing NL. It has been an awesome change for me, and maybe something similar would be good for you. Come back refreshed, playing NL is fine, but you need some time to decompress.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:35 PM

your out of position. a raise to 2.5 is horrid, i'd definetly make it 4$ at least.

2/3 pot the flop, FOLD that to a minraise it's a 4 way pot including you you're beat.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:00 PM

OK, preflop I can definitely raise bigger but I can't see how it is SUCH a big deal whether it is 3bb or 5bb. The implied odds are there for implied odds hands either way. Maybe 5bb is a bit more profitable, but it's not like 3bb will make AA a loser here.

Postflop, however, I might have turned it into a huge loser. But I can't believe the lack of hand reading in a lot of these posts. If MP doesn't have a flush draw most of the time here, I'm amazed. And BB can have one pair a lot of the time. Or a draw. It HAS to be too weak to fold to a minraise here. And once BB checks the turn, I think there is about a zero percent chance that he has me beat. He has top pair here 99% of the time at least. So if I'm beat, I am pretty sure that it is by a set from MP. That's the only thing that makes sense given the flop action. What besides a set and a flush draw cold call the flop raise? And a set is going to re-raise a fair amount of the time so you have to discount it a bit.

Have I gone completely mad, or does this make sense?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:08 PM

I love 2 + 2 posters, they're almost as brutally honest as your name is

[ QUOTE ]
OK, preflop I can definitely raise bigger but I can't see how it is SUCH a big deal whether it is 3bb or 5bb. The implied odds are there for implied odds hands either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

because if you have 100$ infront and it costs me a quarter to draw to an open end straight draw vs costing me 10$ I might reconsider whether the bet to me is pot sized or not

Pot odds isn't the only thing a person will consider when drawing, stack sizes vs the bet to me is also very important. If he can see the next card for not much and maybe bust you then he will every time. (which is exactly what happened)

I would never do 3 bb here, the person who limped infront will call with anything