Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: My unrefundable second WSOP seat won at Partypoker

[ QUOTE ]
What did you think youd accomplish by posting this here and at RGP. You got almost the exact same answers here as you did at RGP. Its part of the rules CLEARLY posted on thier website. Forgive me if I dont cry you a river for breaking the rules and expecting them to go "above and beyond" for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I didn't know this rule. (I seem to have a problem with rules nowadays, heh)
2. The answers happen to be much smarter and much more understanding here.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:11 AM

I can see 1 but the answers seem to be pretty much the same with the exception of a few uses of words like idiot, fool, loser, etc. Still would like to know what you hoped to accomplish by posting it here, nobody but Party or Stars can really help you.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:13 AM

Go all in on yourself. he he

/beavis
Old 05-26-2005, 11:18 AM

"Understanding" answers are pointless in the real world. A thread of "I feel your pain" and "You're so right! Screw Party Poker!" messages gets nothing accomplished. You misclicked...hard. If you can't sell/transfer the seat on either site, you're SOL. And from a business perspective, they can't go making exceptions for everyone that FUBARs. As much as I hate Party's customer service...I agree with them completely here. I don't even see the question. Although I do, feel your pain.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:34 AM

I also agree with Party here. The policy was already in place when you misclicked. My advice would be to negociate for like 9,000 for the seat back from a site, so they can make some money as you will also.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:49 AM

Problem is that he cannot negotiate with Party.

<Party Poker Support>: Why would we want to buy the seat for 9000 when we can just keep it as per our terms and conditions [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Logic from their point of view... of course not, they never have have any logic with any of their decisions.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Rom
Old 05-26-2005, 12:26 PM

Sorry, man. Party is absolutely right in this case. You misclicked and it is now an issue for you. That isn't their problem. Yes, they could try and do you a "favor" by refunding you, but they are certainly under no obligation to do so as the terms are clearly stated.

Look at it from Party's point of view. They have purchased X amount of WSOP seats to give away through various means to players on their site. Now, I don't know how much they actually paid for those seats ($10K or some discounted rate). However, in any event, if they refund you for winning that step tourney then they are, in essence, paying TWICE for the cost of that WSOP seat that you won.

Had you won 2 seats from Party then they may have tried to work something out with you. However, you did exactly what that step tourney was setup to do. Win a seat to the WSOP from their site. You won one seat from their site and they are under no obligation, morally, ethically, or however else, to refund you for your mistake.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:33 PM

It's obvious they will pocket the 10K entry fee and call it another admin fee as they do with their bad beat. Even though many fish play here the GREEDINESS of the site turns me off and I refuse to play here anymore.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:46 PM

The rules are clearly stated so you can hope but can't expect party to make an exception. You have not responded as to whether poke stars will do what party poker refuses to do.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:47 PM

Here is an possible, workable answer, though it may be difficult to put into effect, depending on what your name is. Find someone else with your same name and sell them the seat for what you can get for it or stake them the seat with some sort of profit-sharing arrangement. A bit far-fetched, but if the issue is showing up and showing an ID with the correct name on it, this may be your only avenue. Fake IDing someone would be another option, though that sounds a lot dicier given the tax issues. Hoping your name is Bob Smith.