Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 10:42 PM

Default blind stealing with suited connectors

in tight games where the blinds are either folding or 3betting your steal raise, is it wrong to steal the blinds with middle suited connectors and suited one-gappers from the CO and button? because i find myself doing it all the time.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: blind stealing with suited connectors

it depends. i am less likely to try and steal blinds if the bb/sb are LAGs or stuborn calling stations. stealing blinds with small suited connectors requires that you have some FE.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:33 AM

exactly. which is why i added "in tight games." i have learned the hard way not to steal blinds from those who will never fold.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:41 AM

It's still good to steal the blinds with borderline hands in these cases (I wouldn't be opening with 56s too often, but a hand like J9s is certainly worth the attempt), and it's also good to try the occassional postflop move when one of the blinds comes over the top (especially if he's done it a few times in a row). Just be wary & don't push it too far.

Also remember that a 3-bet (especially from the SB) isn't necessarily a huge hand in these cases, as he's often just suspecting you of doing exactly what you are doing (trying to steal the blinds) and coming back over the top with an equally borderline hand. I've 3-bet TAG steal raises with some kooky stuff before, and again, so long as I don't do it too frequently vs. the same opponent, it works often enough.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:42 AM

I decide whether or not to steal with these hands depending on if the player(s) in the blinds are the type who like to auto-call down with A, K or even Q high just to see what you have. I think people pay too much attention to preflop fold % in this situation. Of course, against some weakies, it's correct to steal with any 2 because they fold preflop so much, but that's rare.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:46 AM

if they only fold or 3-bet, I raise with any 2 cards from the button until they catch me. The folding equity is just too much to pass up.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:40 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

it's all about how often they fold.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:50 PM

Ditto to everyone else. This play is about 80% opponent, 20% cards. It's not enought to say "tight". A TAG will play back at you if he catches on to what you're doing. A TPP will only play back at you with a very solid hand, letting you get away when flop misses you. Spend your first few orbits at any table watching the 2 to your left and the 2 to your right before engaging in larceny ;-)
Old 12-31-2005, 02:02 PM

I have no peoblem stealing blinds with Middle suited connectors. Especially with blinds that are either tight,weak or predictable.

If the blinds are folding enough, gettting 3-bet sometimes isn't terrible since you're going to win some of those hands too.

I would be careful doing this from the CO is the button is a decent TAG, if he catches on you'll be 3-bet and end up out of position without the being the aggressor.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's all about how often they fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]